Application Process for Second Bachelor’s Students
If you have already received a bachelor’s degree and your interests or goals have shifted, you may pursue a second bachelor’s degree at Montclair State University. Second bachelor degrees are not available in Teacher Education or all majors in the School of Business. For information regarding coursework in these areas, please see the Graduate School.
Complete and submit the application for Second Bachelor’s students. After you complete the application, you will see instructions for paying the $65 non-refundable application fee. Then, you will be able to submit your application for review.
An official transcript from the accredited colleges or university that you received your BA/BS from, unless it is from Montclair State. Please mail or fax your materials to us:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Montclair State University
1 Normal Avenue, Dickson Hall
Montclair, NJ 07043
Fax: (973) 655-7700
Specific Admissions Requirements by College/School
In addition to our general Admission Standards, certain programs have their own specific standards for admission. These programs include:
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Jurisprudence: Completion of 24 college-level credits and 3.0 GPA
College of Science and Mathematics
- Biology: 3.0 GPA
- Computer Science: 3.0 GPA
- Science Informatics: 3.0 GPA
College of Education and Human Services
- Athletic Training: 3.0 GPA (fall admission only)
- Exercise Science: 3.0 GPA AND the completion of at least 15 college level credits (fall deadline: June 1; spring deadline: November 15)
- Family and Child Studies (all concentrations): 3.0 GPA
College of the Arts
- Communication and Media Arts; Communication Studies: 3.0 GPA and interview
- Filmmaking: 3.0 GPA and portfolio review
- Journalism: 3.0 GPA and interview
- Television and Digital Media: 3.0 GPA and interview
Please Note: All other College of the Arts programs (with the exception of Fashion Studies, Art History and Theatre Studies) require an interview, audition or portfolio review. Musical Theatre and Theatre Acting are for fall admission only. For more information, visit the student services portion of the College of the Arts webpage.
Links to College of the Arts Admission Guidelines and Audition/Interview/Portfolio Review dates can be found here: Admission to the College of the Arts.