On December 12th, 2018 the Intercollegiate Broadcasting System board announced the partial list of nominees for the 2019 Intercollegiate Broadcasting System Awards; WMSC received seven award nominations including once again the top category: Best College Station in the Nation. This is the third time the station has been identified with this honor. The nomination places WMSC in the Top Five in the nation among colleges with more than 10,000 students.
WMSC held a 30-hour marathon of live programming in celebration of College Radio Day on October 5th which included Golf Cart Karaoke and eight hours of back to back performances by sixteen local bands.
2019 WMSC NOMINATIONS
- Best College Station in the Nation
- Best News Interviews – Interview with Professor Tom Franklin on 9/11/2018
- Best Political News Coverage – MSU Newsroom: Hillary Clinton talks about civility in politics |Donald Trump Op-Ed on USA today
- Best Sports Play-by-Play / MSU Baseball versus Ramapo
- Best Sports Play-by-Play / Women’s Basketball NJAC Final
- Best Community Outreach Event – Toy Drive for Roberto Clemente
- Best Training Manual
Additional nominations for other categories will be announced later this month. The ceremony will be held March 2nd, at the Pennsylvania Hotel in New York City.
WMSC has been “The Voice of Montclair State” for 48 years. Listeners can tune into WMSC at 90.3 FM, online at wmscradio.com or with the Live 365 application on their smart phones and tablets. WMSC invites them to join the conversation by using the hash tag #WMSCCRD and to follow WMSC on Twitter @WMSC for the latest updates and giveaways. People can view exclusive images of the day’s events will be posted on WMSC’s Instagram @WMSCRadio and post their own visuals using the hash tag #WMSCCRD. For more information, visit wmscradio.com.