The College of the Arts invites full-time enrolled students in the College of the Arts to apply for scholarships for use during the 2021-2022 academic year . Since most awards are to be applied toward tuition and fees, applicants must not have these costs already fully covered by another scholarship next year.
Please read additional eligibility criteria for each award below, including GPA standards, applicable majors, and class level requirements, then follow the links to the Guidelines and Application Forms.
Please adhere to Application Deadlines in each scholarship application.
Dean’s Scholar/Artist Award
Eligibility: Graduating SENIOR with a major in the College of the Arts; demonstrated achievement in field of study; overall GPA of 3.85 or above. (note: award is a trophy; not monetary)
TO APPLY: CART Dean’s Scholar/Artist Award Guidelines and Application.
CART Advisory Board Scholarship and Talent Award
- Eligibility: Full-time enrolled undergraduate (carrying at least 12 credits), with a major in the College of the Arts; be at least a first-semester junior this spring (min. 64 credits completed) with a minimum of 12 credits remaining to be taken; demonstrated academic and talent achievements; GPA of 2.5 or above. (Note: Award ranges from $1,000-2,500)
- TO APPLY: CART ADVISORY BOARD SCHOLARSHIP AND TALENT AWARDS Guidelines and Application.
Jeanne Wade Henningburg Scholarship
- Eligibility: Prospective or currently enrolled African American full-time undergraduate (carrying at least 12 credits); majoring in music, dance or theatre; demonstrated achievements and commitment to a career in the performing arts; GPA in major of 3.0 or higher (2.5 if prospective entrant) and min. GPA cum of 2.5. (note: Award ranges from $1,000-4,500)
- TO APPLY: JEANNE WADE HENINGBURG SCHOLARSHIP FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS Guidelines and Application.
Cento Amici Scholarships
- Eligibility: Enrolled full-time undergraduate students from any College of the Arts department or school; GPA of 3.0 or above. (Note: Awards range from $1000-1500.) Recipients are determined in consultation with the department chair.
- TO APPLY: CENTO AMICI Scholarship Guidelines and Application.
Ellen Kaufman Travel Award
- Eligibility: Enrolled undergraduate student majoring in a program offered by the School of Communication and Media or Department of Theatre and Dance. GPA 3.0 or higher. Award is to subsidize academic travel expenses related to participating in a domestic or international study program, presenting at a conference, or a related experience that requires travel.
- TO APPLY: KAUFMAN Travel Award Guidelines and Application.
Additional Scholarships offered by the Dept. of Art and Design:
- Anne Chapman Scholarship offered to one high-achieving, full-time undergraduate or graduate student
- Donald and July Miller Scholarship for Fine Art offered to prospective or enrolled African American or Latinx students in a Fine Arts program
- Ina Golub Endowed Scholarship offered to full-time undergraduate students for academic achievement
- John and Rose Cali Scholarship offered to undergraduate or graduate students demonstrating a commitment to a career in the arts
Refer to the Art and Design Scholarship Guidelines and Application for more information and to apply.
Scholarships outside of the college, including University-based awards and links to resources outside of the University may be found on the Office of Financial Aid web page.