Overview and Eligibility
The College of the Arts invites full-time enrolled students in the College of the Arts to apply for scholarships for use during the academic year 2019-2020. Since most awards are to be applied toward tuition and fees, applicants must not have these costs already fully covered by another scholarship next year (exception: Dean’s Scholar/Artist Award for graduating seniors.)
Please read additional eligibility criteria for each award below, including GPA standards, applicable majors and class level requirements, then follow the links to Guidelines and Application Forms.
Please adhere to Application Deadlines in each scholarship application.
Dean’s Scholar/Artist Award
Eligibility: Graduating senior with a major in the College of the Arts; demonstrated achievement in field of study; overall GPA of 3.85 or above. (note: award is a trophy; not monetary)
TO APPLY: CART Dean’s Scholar/Artist Award guidelines and application.
- CART Advisory Board Talent Award
- Eligibility: Full-time enrolled undergraduate, carrying a minimum of 12 semester hours, with a major in the College of the Arts (see application for details); be at least a first-semester junior this spring (min. 64 sem. hours already earned) with a minimum of 12 sem. hours remaining in program to be taken in the subsequent academic year; demonstrated achievement in field of study, especially in talent; overall GPA of 2.5 or above. (note: Award ranges from $1,000-2,500)
- TO APPLY: CART ADVISORY BOARD SCHOLARSHIP AND TALENT AWARDS guidelines and application.
- Jeanne Wade Henningburg Scholarship
- Eligibility: Prospective or currently enrolled African American full time undergraduate, carrying a minimum of 12 sem.hours, with a major in music, dance or theatre in the College of the Arts; demonstrated talent and commitment to a career in the performing arts; GPA in major of 3.0 or higher (2.5 if prospective entrant) and min. GPA cum of 2.5. (note: award ranges from $1,000-4,500)
- TO APPLY: JEANNE WADE HENINGBURG SCHOLARSHIP FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS guidelines and application.
- Don and Judy Miller Scholarship for the Visual Arts
- Eligibility: Prospective or currently enrolled African American or Latino full-time undergraduate student; enrolled in a visual arts degree program in the Department of Art and Design; with at least one year of full-time academic study remaining beyond this spring semester; GPA of 2.5 or above. (note: award ranges from $500-2,000)
- TO APPLY: DON AND JUDY MILLER SCHOLARSHIP FOR THE FINE ARTS for guidelines and application.
- Cento Amici Scholarships
- Eligibility: Enrolled full-time undergraduate students from any College of the Arts department in good academic standing (either new or enrolled) with a minimum 3.0 GPA. (Priority given to students of Italian American descent.) One to two awards of $1,000 each are available to each department. Candidates are to submit an application and be ultimately nominated by the department chair.
- TO APPLY: CENTO AMICI Scholarship guidelines and application.
- Additional Scholarships
- Applicants to any of the above scholarships may be considered for additional awards as funding allows. Moreover, students may reach out to the Department or School housing their specific major to inquire about the availability of additional awards.
Scholarships outside of the college, including University-based awards and links to resources outside of the University may be found on the Office of Financial Aid web page.