The Department of Theatre and Dance offers undergraduate and graduate majors and concentrations in a broad range of professional areas.
On the Undergraduate level, the BFA programs prepare students for careers as performers, directors, choreographers, and backstage professionals, whereas the BA degree in Theatre Studies is designed for students wishing to pursue more broad-based theatre-related careers including teaching. For students interested in teaching dance, the BA in Dance (with concentrations in Studio Teaching and Dance Education PreK-12 Certification) prepares students to train and inspire the next generation of dancers and creative thinkers. The Department also offers two undergraduate minors.
On the graduate level, the MA in Theatre is geared for students who wish to move forward in theatre-related professions or prepare for subsequent study at the doctoral level. Montclair State University’s low-residency MFA in Dance is designed especially for returning mid-career artists, dance teachers and other dance professionals seeking to further develop their artistry and vision.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Theatre – Acting Concentration
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) – Musical Theatre
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Theatre – Production and Design Concentration
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) – Theatre Studies
- Theatre Studies (BA) (Teacher Education Concentration)
- Theatre Studies (Combined BA/MA)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) – Dance
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) – Dance Education
- Minor in Musical Theatre
- Minor in Theatre
View the full University Catalog for the Department of Theatre & Dance