Photo of Chapin Hall, home of the Cali School of Music
News

College of the Arts Alumna Celebrates Success

Sophia Voglino ’19 reflects on her Montclair State experience

Posted in: Alumni Success Stories, College News and Announcements, Department of Theatre and Dance News

Sophia Voglino 2019

Sophia Voglino graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Production and Design. She has worked behind the scenes on a number of Montclair State theater productions, but for the College of the Arts Convocation, starred on stage as the student speaker.

“My four years at Montclair were some of the most challenging and informative I have known, but they gave me an invaluable experience which I will carry with me all my life,” she says.

Voglino worked on more than 12 productions at Montclair State, training that is helping her build a career as a professional stage manager. She will be joining the stage management team at Goodspeed Musicals to stage a new adaptation of the novel Because of Winn Dixie.”

Voglino grew up in Wyckoff, New Jersey, and before her college career was a production stage managing for Old Library Theatre Co. in Fair Lawn. She has also served as assistant stage manager on international stages in Bregenz, Austria, and spent time with Goodspeed Musicals, The Atlantic Theatre Company, WP Theater and Papermill Playhouse, all while attending Montclair State. “I could not be more excited to take what knowledge I have gained there out into the professional field,” she says.