Campus Climate for Civility and Human Dignity Statement
- Montclair State University is committed to the principle that it is everyone’s responsibility to foster an atmosphere of respect, tolerance, understanding and goodwill among all members of our diverse campus community.
- As an ever-growing pluralistic society, it is fundamental to our institutional mission to create an unbiased community and to oppose vigorously any form of racism, religious intolerance, sexism, ageism, homophobia, harassment and discrimination against those with disabling conditions.
- Furthermore, the University eschews hate of any kind and will not tolerate behavior that violates the civil and statutory rights of an individual or group.
- Within this framework, each of us can feel free to express ourselves in ways that promote openness within a pluralistic and multicultural society.
Equal Opportunity for Employees
- Montclair State is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in its recruitment and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, disabling condition, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status or other non-job related criteria.
- Equal employment opportunity includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, hiring, retention, tenure, promotion, transfer, compensation, fringe benefits and other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with state laws and regulations.
Equal Opportunity for Students
- Montclair State is committed to the principle of equal access to campus benefits and services (including, but not limited to admissions, residence life, financial aid, athletics, course offerings, scholarships, student employment, social and recreational programs) without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, disabilities not interfering with academic performance, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or other non-academic related criteria