Transfer Student Advising
Welcome Transfer Students!
Congratulations on your acceptance to Montclair State, and on your decision to join the College of Education and Human Services. Your first step towards academic success is registering for classes, which you can do after meeting with an advisor. The goal of academic advising is to help our undergraduate students create an academic plan towards graduation. It allows students to become aware of what the general education requirements are, what requirements they need to meet in order to complete their specific degree program, as well as aides in solving any academic problems students may encounter during their time as a student at Montclair State University.
Before your scheduled appointment, please be sure to do the following:
- Review the curriculum and graduation plan that corresponds with your intended major.
- Make sure your final transcripts have been sent to Admissions and evaluated; any previous coursework should be visible in DegreeWorks.
- Know/obtain your CWID, pin, and NetID (your email account login ID), as part of the transfer student checklist.
- Review the instructions on how to register for courses via NEST.
- Take a look at the upcoming course offerings and identify the MSU courses you need to take.
After you have completed steps 1-5, please contact the advisor for your department via email to schedule an appointment. Contact information is below.
Exercise Science and Physical Education
- Ed Saavedra, Department Administrator
Family and Child Studies
- Christopher Cottle, Department Advisor for Family and Child Studies
Nutrition and Food Studies
- Maddalena Antosiewicz, Department Administrator
- https://antosiewiczm.youcanbook.me - click here to make an appointment
- Ann Schurmann, Department Administrator
For students who are interested in pursuing Teacher Certification please visit the Center of Pedagogy here: http://www.montclair.edu/cehs/academics/centers-and-institutes/cop/admission/
NOTE: Teacher education is NOT a major. It is a separate program a student needs to apply to on top of their major. Please visit the webpage above to see what majors are associated with teacher certification.