NSF S-STEM grant: Opening Pathways, Engaging, and Networking in Chemistry in Northern New Jersey (OPEN-NJ)
- PI: Nina Goodey
- Marc Kasner
- John Siekierka
- Katherine Herbert
- Jennifer A. Krumins
Receive one of the scholarships ($10,000/year for 2 or 3 years) to enter one of the eligible programs at Montclair State:
- Masters in Pharmaceutical Biochemistry
- Masters in Chemistry
- Masters in Chemistry with a Conc. in Biochemistry
This program is open for the following majors: Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, Environmental Sciences, and related degrees (BA or BS). Non-majors attend a Bridge/Transition Year (Year 0) (click to view sample; this is for non majors only) prior to continuing into the M.S. course work. Students can view the Program of Study for the MS programs.
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant Number 1458499.
Requirements for Program
- Minimum overall 3.0 GPA (BS or BA degree)
- Completed General Chemistry I (with lab), General Chemistry II (with lab), Organic Chemistry I (with lab), Organic Chemistry II, Calculus I and a year of Physics
- US citizen, national, admitted refugee or permanent resident
- Enrolling full time in an MSU Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry MS program
- Financial aid eligible as determined by the Office of Financial Aid.
- Committed to participating in all OPEN-NJ meetings including networking events.
Apply to the Graduate Program at Montclair State University AND email Dr. Nina Goodey to indicate interest in the OPEN-NJ Scholarship Program. The Selection Committee will use your graduate school application.
Please, email Dr. Nina Goodey.
Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.