Welcome Accepted CSAM Transfer Students
Your first step is to complete the following in order to
register for classes and meet with CSAM advisors.
After this you will be eligible to attend the University's Transfer Student Orientation (TSO)
The first step to academic success in the College of Science and Mathematics is to make sure you are on track for your major/courses and for graduation. Preparing properly for your initial advising session will get you started!
Do you need to take the Chemistry and/or Math readiness test? If needed, this must be completed prior to advising!
Chemistry Readiness Test
- If you think that you are transferring a course that is equivalent to General Chemistry I at MSU, you should contact the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at ChemAdvising@mail.montclair.edu to verify this. If the course is equivalent to MSU’s General Chemistry I course, you do not have to take the Chemistry Readiness Test.
- Any student in a major that requires general chemistry and who is not transferring a course that is equivalent the MSU’s General Chemistry I (see above) must take the Chemistry Readiness Test. This includes the following majors: chemistry, biochemistry, biology, molecular biology, marine biology and coastal sciences, physics, earth and environmental science, and sustainability science.
- Any student in a major concentration that requires general chemistry and who is not transferring a course that is equivalent the MSU’s General Chemistry I (see above) must take the Chemistry Readiness Test. Contact your major department about the specific requirements for concentrations.
Learn more about taking the Chemistry Readiness Test.
Math Readiness Test
- If you are a student who needs your first Math course and has transferred in less than 24 credits, you must contact Academic Success Center (ASC) and/or take the Math Readiness Test.
- Any student who has mastered Algebra II or Precalculus but does not have college credit for it should take the Math Readiness Test.
- Make sure that you click on the correct sample problems! Pay attention to ALL the sample problems for your test!
- MATH 111/112/114 (Precalculus, Applied Precalculus, or Mathematics for Business II: Calculus): to place out of MATH 100, Sample Questions
- MATH 116/122 (Calculus A or Calculus I): to place out of MATH 111/MATH 112, Sample Questions
- Make an appointment with the Academic Success Center (ASC), Webster Hall room 302, 973-655-4476. Make sure you are totally clear on the name of the test that you will be taking, and make your appointment promptly!
Note: You will need to login with your netID and password, and if you haven't done so already,
join the CSAM portal on HawkSync.
Instructions for accessing the form on CSAM's HawkSync Portal: login with your netID and password, the login is on the top right of the page. Then join the CSAM portal and you'll be able to access the form.