Presidential Scholars Program
Starting with the Fall 2018 entering freshman class, the University’s new Presidential Scholars Program will award high-achieving, New Jersey students with a merit scholarship of a $5,000 for each of their four years of study ($20,000 total), as well as access to special academic and career preparation opportunities such as:
- Faculty-student research partnerships.
- Guided career counseling and career development workshops.
- Access to alumni mentors.
- Access to internship opportunities.
- Off-campus activities and retreats.
- Common academic experiences, like the Common First-Year Book.
To learn more, visit the Presidential Scholars page.
National Student Scholarship for Out-of-State Students
Incoming freshmen from out-of-state who enroll for the fall 2019 semester and beyond may be eligible for in-state tuition — a reduction in tuition of nearly $7,800 — if they have an unweighted GPA of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale. Students do not need to submit any supplemental information to be considered for in-state tuition; a review of each student’s eligibility will be conducted at the time their application is reviewed.
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions’ scholarship review process considers your high school GPA, the rigor of your academic coursework, standardized test scores (if submitted) and other information already included in your application for admission. No separate application is required.
Though there is no minimum GPA or SAT/ACT requirement for merit scholarship eligibility at Montclair State, successful recipients typically possess a 3.55 or higher GPA (on an un-weighted 4.0 scale) in an academically rigorous curriculum as evidenced by:
- Additional years of math, beyond Algebra II.
- Additional years of science, beyond Chemistry.
- Additional years of world languages, beyond the two consecutive years of the same foreign language required.
- Honors courses.
- Advanced Placement (AP) courses..
- International Baccalaureate (IB) courses.
- Courses taken for college credit during high school.
Departmental Scholarships by College
Scholarship Search Engines
The following search engines are not affiliated with Montclair State University. Before you begin your scholarship search, please protect yourself by reviewing common scholarship scam information.
- American Association of University Women Educational Foundation
- CHEGG Scholarship Search Database
- College Board Scholarship Search
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program
- Hispanic College Fund
- Latino College Dollars
- Money Geek
- National Science Foundation
- Point Foundation
- Sallie Mae Scholarship Database
- Study Abroad Scholarships for Pell Grant recipients: