The Red Hawk News is an e-newsletter sent directly to your Montclair State email that’s filled with exciting and important information you’ll want and need to know. Red Hawk News is your one-stop-source for reminders, deadlines, campus events, free food and t-shirts, career opportunities, emergency and weather alerts and much more!
- Mini Horses, Furry Friends...more!Red Hawk News - 12/10/2018: Green Eggs & Ham, Coffee & Tea, Midnight Breakfast, Snow Globes, Dance It Out, Relaxation Room...more!Monday December 10, 2018
- Rockettes, Destress, Rocky on the Street...more!Red Hawk News - 12/05/2018: Rocky on the Street, Furry Friends for Finals, Egg Nog Bar, Inside the United Nations...more!Wednesday December 5, 2018
- Holiday Shopping Spree, Brain Boosters...moreRed Hawk News - 12/03/2018: Green Team Paid Internship, Conversations without Walls, Sounds of the Season, December Dining...more!Tuesday December 4, 2018
What To Expect?
- Reminders & Important Dates
- Emergency & Weather Alerts
- Registration Information
- Payment Deadlines
- Academic Opportunities
- Career & Internship Opportunities
- Campus Events & Activities
- Free Food & T-Shirts
- And much more!
The Information You Need…So Read!
All important date information, deadlines, emergency communications, registration info, payment deadline, etc., are always sent through a different email, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you receive an email from email@example.com, the information inside is timely and extremely important so make sure to pay attention!
The regular issue of Red Hawk News is sent twice a week during the fall and spring semesters and includes information about campus events, academic opportunities, deals and discounts and so much more. You will also receive single topic emails such as Wellness News, Career News, WAM! and In the Loop. These emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Single Topic Emails
In addition to the regular Red Hawk News issues that are sent out every Monday and Wednesday during the fall and spring semesters, we also send out some single topic emails!
These special topic emails include:
- One day, you will be an alum of Montclair State, so why not start getting involved now? Alumni News will touch on events and opportunities for you to engage as a current student and also help direct you on what to do as you near graduation.
- Learn about jobs and internships on and off-campus! Get details on how to enhance your resume, career fairs, public speaking workshops and so much more!
- Hey Commuters! Read this newsletter for traffic and parking tips, the commuter life podcast, Commuter Life Appreciation Week (CLAW) events and activities, how to get involved and more.
In the Loop
- Weekly happenings all over campus including student organization meetings, bake sales, campus events, athletic games, peak performances and so much more. In the Loop comes out every Sunday evening.
- Fitness, Intramural Sports, Outdoor Adventure, oh my! Campus Recreation is a hub for fun and games including health and wellness activities. Read the Rec News for updates on anything happening in the Student Recreation Center, off-campus trips and tons of giveaways!
Res Life News
- Do you live on campus? If so, Res Life News will give you updates on when to expect health and safety inspections, how to become an RA or SA and give you the resources you need on rooms changes, roommate swaps and more!
- WAM = Weekends at Montclair. Every Thursday we will let you know what’s happening on campus over the weekend! We promise it’s worth staying (or coming back!) on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
- Support services, group therapy, drop-in groups, de-stress activities, meditation and more. Each week we will feature a new topic, discussion group or event on how you get involved with the wellness community on campus!
We Love Feedback!
We’re always looking to improve the Red Hawk News experience. Feel free to email any feedback or questions you may have to email@example.com.