2016-2017 Audition Dates
Applications must be completed no later than two weeks before a chosen audition date. (For Jazz Studies applicants: Deadline to submit video is Monday, February 13.)
Friday, November 4, 2016: 2-5 pm (All applicants except jazz transfers)
Friday, February 3, 2017: 2-5 pm (All applicants)
Saturday, February 4, 2017: 9 am - 2 pm (All applicants)
Friday, February 24, 2017: 2-5 pm (All applicants)
Saturday, February 25, 2017: 9 am - 2 pm (All applicants)
Thursday, May 11, 2017: 9 am - 2 pm (Tranfer and graduate applicants)
Step One -- Submit an application to Montclair State University
Before applying to the Cali School, all prospective students must first complete the application to the University offices of Undergraduate or Graduate Admissions:
STEP TWO - Apply to the Cali School
After applying to the University, all students must apply to the Cali School through Decision Desk (link below)
The audition process for both undergraduate and graduate applicants for this area of study includes:
- Audition on primary instrument or voice (see details for undergraduate and graduate auditions below)
- Music history syllabus review for undergraduate transfer students who wish to transfer music history credits: submit a course syllabus for each music history course for faculty review and approval.
After completing your application to the University:
1. Review the audition requirements for your academic level and area of interest:
2. Applicants must use Decision Desk (link below) to apply. It gives applicants the option to audition by video or live. For online auditions, follow the directions on the Decision Desk website. For live auditions, be prepared to:
- Perform solo on your primary instrument (accompanists will be provided for voice applicants only)
- Bring your own instrument (exception for percussion)
- Bring your own music as an instrumentalist, and music for the accompanist as a vocalist
- Take music theory test (used for placement if you are accepted to the School)
- Transfer applicants only - submit a course syllabus for each music history course for faculty review and approval if you want to transfer credits
|3. Complete the online application at Decision Desk to schedule your audition.|
- Applications will be processed within two weeks.
- Applicants must satisfy both the audition criteria of the Cali School of Music as well as the academic criteria of the University.
- Non-music majors may only take general education music courses.
- Music minors are not currently offered.
- Musical Theatre auditions are not held at the Cali School: Apply here
If you have any questions about the audition process, contact the Auditions Coordinator 973-655-7610 or firstname.lastname@example.org