Aerial Photo of Campus
News and Announcements

Ashley Lipscomb ’16

Posted in: Spotlights

Photo of alumna Ashley Lipscomb '16

Program (Degree and Major): Administrative Certification, Supervisor

Graduation Date: Spring 2016 (certification)

Please tell us about your current position:

Currently, I am the CEO of The Institute for Anti-Racist Education, Inc. We work with schools, districts, educators, counselors, communities, and organizations to create sustainable, ethical, and healing policies to provide students an education that is liberating, free from bias, and loving.

Why did you choose this field of study? Why did you choose the program at Montclair State University?

At the time, I wanted to become a school administrator or leader. I chose Montclair because of its reputation as a teacher’s college. I knew that they would have the resources, faculty, and support I needed to become an impactful leader.

What was your favorite class or experience in the program, and why was that so important to you?

My favorite courses provided assignments that provided experiential learning. I was able to conduct classroom observations, workshops, & support my colleagues within my PLC. The faculty at MSU were hands-on and really supportive.

Now that you are working in your field, how did your program prepare you for this position?

It provided the frameworks, guidelines, and best practices necessary to be an effective school leader. I was able to use the foundation the program gave me to expand my approach to equity, healing, & justice in education.

Is there anything else you’d like to share about your program, the College of Education & Human Services, or Montclair State University that we haven’t asked about?

My experience at MSU ignited my passion for creating new leadership praxis that will transform and heal the field of education and policy. I will forever be grateful for my time at MSU.