Aerial Photo of Campus
News and Announcements

Marsha Duncan

BS in Public Health, Health Systems Administration and Policy

Posted in: Spotlights

Marsha Duncan, Class of 2022

Name: Marsha Duncan
Program (Degree and Major): Public Health, Health Systems Administration and Policy (BS)
Graduation Date: January 2022

Please tell us about your plans post-graduation.

I will be continuing my studies here at MSU in the fall pursuing my MPH.

What were the best parts of your program?

The best parts of my program are the knowledge and experiences I’ve gained and also the opportunities to collaborate with other like-minded students.

What was your favorite class or experience in the program, and why was that so important to you?

My favorite class was health economics, particularly because I saw it as a personal challenge but ended up learning so much and excelling in that class.

Why did you choose this field of study?  Why did you choose the program at Montclair State University?

I chose Public Health because I enjoy working in healthcare and I’m also passionate about being a vocal advocate for patients to improve patient outcomes, cultural competence and inclusivity within the healthcare setting. I chose the program at MSU because of the diversity, practicality and flexibility it offers.

Is there anything else you’d like to share about your program, the College of Education & Human Services, or Montclair State University that we haven’t asked about?

If you’re an adult learner, the faculty and staff here are amazing and will go above and beyond to ensure your academic success, while juggling a busy work schedule.