Aerial Photo of Campus
News and Announcements

Michael Fratello ’69 Receives 2022 Chuck Daly Lifetime Achievement Award

Posted in: College News and Events, Exercise Science and Physical Education

Mike Fratello '69 Receives Chuck Daly Lifetime Achievement Award

Mike Fratello ’69, an Exercise Science and Physical Education graduate, recently received the prestigious 2022 Chuck Daly Lifetime Achievement Award presented by the National Basketball Coaches Association. Fratello is a basketball lifer who interspersed a successful coaching career with a successful broadcasting career.

“Mike Fratello’s accomplishments are well documented, both as a coach and a broadcaster,” said Indiana Pacers Head Coach and National Basketball Coaches Association President Rick Carlisle. “Sixteen years as an NBA Head Coach, 647 regular-season wins, NBA Coach of the Year honors, Head Coach of the Ukraine National Team, and multiple Emmys all combine to represent a lifetime devoted to basketball. Congratulations to Mike on the 2022 Chuck Daly Lifetime Achievement Award.”

“Chuck Daly was a special man and a special coach — and this is a special award,” said Mike Fratello. “It means so much to me because Chuck was a mentor, a close friend, and a trusted confidant during my NBA coaching career and beyond. It is an honor to be recognized by my peers, whom I respect and admire. I am proud to join the ranks of the previous recipients — all exceptional coaches and extraordinary individuals.”

Read the full story