The “4 + 1” Bachelor’s/MBA is a five-year program, during which students spend three years taking courses required for their chosen bachelor’s degree program and in their fourth year, complete (along with required undergraduate program courses) 6 credits’ worth of graduate business (MBA) coursework that satisfies undergraduate degree requirements and counts toward achievement of the MBA degree.
- High-achieving Montclair State students are able to complete a Bachelor’s and MBA degree in five years
- Students from a variety of undergraduate disciplines gain valuable business and professional knowledge, skills and experiences that enhance their employability and career options post graduation.
- Students are able to take advantage of a more time- and cost-effective option for getting an MBA degree by taking “swing” graduate courses that satisfy both their undergraduate and graduate degrees at the undergraduate tuition rate.
The following CHSS undergraduate programs are approved for participation in the 4 +1 program:
- BA Classics
- BA English (Fall 2023)
- BA English with a concentration in Creating Writing (Fall 2023)
- BA English with a concentration in Film Studies (Fall 2023)
- BA Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies
- BA History
- BA Humanities
- BA Language, Business, and Culture (with concentrations in Arabic, French, German, and Italian). NOTE: the combined BA/MBA program option is not applicable to the BA in Language Business and Culture with a concentration in Spanish.
- BA Philosophy
- BA Psychology
- BA Religion
- BA Sociology (Fall 2023)
- BA Public and Professional Writing
Interested in Pursuing the 4+1 Bachelor’s / MBA Program? Follow these simple steps: