CART Career Services and the University’s Center for Career Services & Cooperative Education provide a range of services and online tools to help prepare students for post-graduation job search or applying to Graduate School.
- On-line workshops provide help with resume writing, interviewing skills, internships, job searching, and networking. For more information: Visit Online Career Services Workshops
- Mock Interview train AND practice to help improve your interview technique and build your confidence. Learn a new and innovative way to help prepare more effectively for a job interview.
Dance Tool Kit:
- Sample Resume: Graduate Mid-Career Dance Performance
- Sample Resume: Undergraduate Dance Performance
- Sample Resume: Undergraduate Dance Studio Teaching
- Listing of Job Search Web Sites and Professional Organizations for Theatre and Dance
- Access to part-time, full-time and internship postings. Search Job Postings
- Find a Fine Art Internship
Career Information Resources
The resources below are linked to employment information, job-search resources and portfolio preparation advice:
- The Riley Guide – Directory of employment and career information sources and services on the Internet
- Quintessential Careers – An online leader in expert career, college and job-search advice.
- Careers at Pixar – 3D Modeling, Animation resource from a world-class employer
- New York Foundation for the Arts – provides support to artists and arts organizations. The website includes listings of jobs in the arts, opportunities and services for artists, and events, as well as discussion boards
- Glassdoor.com – looks at jobs and companies in terms of salary details, company reviews, and interview questions (employees and job seekers post anonymously)
- Salary.com – Salary generator based on location, industry, and experience
Applying to Graduate School Resources
The links below address applying to graduate schools:
- Applying to graduate school – Information about the process of applying to graduate schools
- The Graduate School at Montclair State University – Information about University graduate programs
Additional Resources (grant writing, career-related, etc.)
- Fulbright Scholars Program – The Fulbright U.S. Student Program offers fellowships for graduating seniors, graduate students, young professionals and artists to study abroad for one academic year.
- Freelance/Entrepreneur – US Small Business Administration – New Jersey District Office – The SBA provides information on starting, financing and managing a small business.
- My Next Move – U.S. Department of Labor’s online career tool designed to direct career-aspirants to training requirements applicable to specific professions
- Grant Writing Resources – PowerPoint presentation offered by the University’s Office of Research and Sponsored Programs