Parking Services can assist customers in preparing for special events that are held on campus. We offer reserved parking, attendants who can welcome your guests, various message boards, and other useful services to assist you with a successful event. Please fill out and submit the Special Event Parking Form at least five (5) business days, but preferably as soon as possible, before the scheduled date of your event.
|Type of Organization||Price Per Ticket*|
|University Affiliated Organization||$5.00|
|University Affiliated Organization w/remote cashier||$6.00|
|Non-University Affiliated Organization||$6.00|
* Plus any applicable taxes
An additional charge may be applied for reservations made with less than five (5) days’ notice prior to requested event. (Note: Some departments find it useful to purchase pre-paid tickets in bulk so that they have them on hand for guests and visitors throughout the year.
Some events and/or functions require parking enforcement personnel to properly manage the event, or require labor hours and material in preparation for the event. If you wish to secure an attendant, the cost is as follows:
|On-Site Event Supervisors||Parking Attendants||Events|
|With 5 Days’ Notice||$30 per hour||$25 per hour||No Fee|
|Less than 5 Days’ Notice||$40 per hour||$35 per hour||$15 per event|
When organizations wish to have access to parking other than the Red Hawk Garage, or they wish to have their event on a parking lot, the following rates apply:
|Type of Organization||Price per space|
|University Affiliated Organizations||$2.50|
|Non University Affiliated Organizations||$5.00|
* These rates apply to surface lots only. Those wishing to purchase Red Hawk Deck tickets, must use the Special Event Parking Form.
Internal Special Event Parking Payment Process
Per the Division of Treasury and Finance, Parking arrangements are paid for by utilizing Budgets as follows:
- Grant Accounts must have money allocated in PeopleSoft Account Number 60511 to pay for parking.
- All other Accounts must have money allocated in PeopleSoft Account Number 66023 to pay for parking.
- Check your budget for available funds.
- If there are no available funds, you must process a budget transfer via FMS.
- Once funds are available, submit a Special Event Parking Form online.
- Submit an Account Transfer and attach the Event Parking Request Form as supporting documentation. IMPORTANT: make a note of the Account Transfer # that FMS generates as this will be your only way of checking the status.
- Parking Services will be notified and issue passes once the Account Transfer has been approved by the requesting department fiscal manager.
If you have any questions, please contact the following personnel:
- While we are operating in Peoplesoft (FMS), please contact, ext.6995
- Once we switch over to WorkDay Financials, please contact, ext.5223
Per the Division of Treasury and Finance, Parking arrangements are paid for utilizing Budgets as follows:
Grant Accounts must have money allocated in PeopleSoft Account Number 60511 to pay for parking.
All other Accounts must have money allocated in PeopleSoft Account Number 66023 to pay for parking.
If there is no money available in the above accounts for parking, a budget transfer will need to be made previous to submitting your special event parking request. Please allow 3-5 business days for the transaction be processed before requesting your special event tickets.
Event Parking Policies
Parking Services may close/block off these lots, spaces, areas, or garages as reserved for those attending a special event. Parking alternatives will be made available for displaced permit holders, based on permit type, and with no additional compensation to the displaced persons. However, if Parking Services determines that an event may cause an unacceptable disruption to campus operations; it may reject an event request.
Any event which impacts parking must be coordinated with Parking Services. Parking arrangements for chartered buses and large vehicles that will impact traffic must also be coordinated with Parking Services and University Police.
Parking Services may take one or more of the following steps to inform permit holders of special event parking policies:
- Information mailed or e-mailed to all permit holders with assigned lots or garages affected by special event parking.
- Informational signs posted at the entrances to lots reserved for athletic and other special events.