In-person auditions for students and faculty solos, duo/trio/quartet and student organized chamber ensembles will be held on Wednesday, May 4 between 12 – 4 pm in Leshowitz.
Please complete the Audition Form and submit via email to Dr. Buchanan (email@example.com) +copy Lisa Bremer (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 5pm on Friday, April 8. You may choose your audition time via Signup Genius starting April 13. Please note we are NOT holding video auditions this year.
A copy of the Audition Information + Application Form is attached. Of particular note:
- 2022-23 juniors, seniors, graduate students and faculty are eligible to apply.
- You must audition with the specific repertoire you wish to perform on Kaleidoscope.
- For students, repertoire must have been successfully performed previously in a public setting, e.g. recital, jury, Cali Midweek, etc. by the end of SP22 semester. (Kaleidoscopemay not be students’ first experience with this repertoire).
- Repertoire duration should be within the 3 – 4 minute range (no longer). Specific duration will be required on the application form.
- Please consider repertoire appropriate to a “showcase”/celebration with multiple styles and genres features.
- Performances without piano accompaniment are favorable, since we need to utilize a variety of performing spaces and keep the program flowing.
- Owing to the nature of the concert we cannot accommodate elaborate tech set-ups. If you have any questions in this regard please ask in advance.
- Students are required to have faculty support/approval for their repertoire choice, and if selected to perform, faculty assistance with musical feedback at the Tech-Dress rehearsal on Wed, September 28 (1:30 – 4 pm)
Please contact Dr. Buchanan or Dr. McCauley with any questions. We look forward to receiving your audition application!