Postal Services is a Passport Acceptance Facility. Passport Applications are processed by appointment only.
All passport fees must be paid by check or money order (no cash, credit, debit, or Red Hawk Dollars). Passport applications must be filled out in black ink only.
Thank you for scheduling an appointment with Montclair State University Passport Services. Please be advised of the following COVID-19 pandemic safety protocols:
- To minimize the time you must spend in the Passport Office, please complete all applications before your appointment.
- On the day of your appointment, a Hawk Check COVID-19 self-assessment must be completed for each customer before coming to campus. Each customer being serviced is required to show proof of Hawk Check completion to the passport agent upon your arrival. We will not serve any customer who cannot present proof of a completed Hawk Check. Information about Hawk Check may be found on the University’s website towards the bottom of the home page.
- When you arrive, please call 973-655-6855 to check in. Remain in your vehicle until you are called to enter the building. Parking is available in the back of the building. Please park only in non-numbered spaces.
- Upon entering the Passport Office, we will provide you with hand sanitizer and take your temperature. If your temperature is 100 degrees or higher, we will not be able to serve you.
- In conformance with University policy, multi-layered face coverings must be worn at all times while in the University Facilities building. We will not serve customers who are in violation of the University’s Policy on the Use of Face Coverings While on Campus.
- Do not bring extra people with you to your appointment. We will only allow passport applicants to enter the University Facilities building.
- Passport Book: $110.00 paid to the Department of State; plus a $35.00 processing fee paid to Montclair State University.
- Passport Book and Passport Card: $140.00 paid to the Department of State; plus a $35.00 processing fee paid to Montclair State University.
- Passport Card Only: $30.00 paid to the Department of State. There is no processing fee.
- Passport Renewal: Same as above with no processing fee.
- Photos: Either bring two passport photos (2″x2″) or you can have your picture taken on site for a charge of $15.00, to be paid to Montclair State University.
Be sure to check travel.state.gov for the most up to date passport information.
Notary services are available to members of the Montclair State community free of charge. The general public may utilize our notary services for a fee of $2.50 per document.
Notary fees must be paid by check or money order (no cash, credit, or debit).