To be considered for admission to the BA Dance Education program, you must first submit an online application to Montclair State University; then follow the guidelines below:
- Applicants should be incoming freshmen or sophomores.
- Upon completion and review of the submitted university application, applicants may be emailed an invitation to attend an audition with the Department of Theatre & Dance. (note: Please schedule your appointment online in accordance with sent instructions.)
- The audition consists of:
- Participating in a ballet and modern dance technique class during regular school hours
- If adjudicated to continue:
- presentation of a minute and a half solo
- private interview
- While we already have you application information, please also bring the following on the day of the audition:
- Dance photo showing form and line as well as a wallet-size headshot.
- Appropriate dance attire (Refer to audition confirmation email from coordinator).
- Applicants should arrive early on the day of their scheduled appointment.
- Note to long-distance applicants: Dance applicants for whom travel is prohibitive may request to submit a video to be adjudicated by the reviewing faculty.
Following the audition, the Department of Theatre and Dance will notify candidates directly regarding their results.
Note: Once enrolled in the Dance Program, students must participate in an annual review to continue in the program.