To be considered for admission to the BFA Dance program, you must first submit an online application to Montclair State University; then follow the guidelines below:
- Applicants should be incoming freshmen or sophomores.
- Upon completion and review of the submitted university application, applicants may be emailed an invitation to attend an audition with the Department of Theatre & Dance. (note: Please schedule your appointment online in accordance with sent instructions.)
- The audition consists of:
- Participating in a ballet and modern dance technique class during regular school hours
- If adjudicated to continue:
- presentation of a minute and a half solo
- private interview
- While we already have you application information, please also bring the following on the day of the audition:
- Dance photo showing form and line as well as a wallet-size headshot.
- Appropriate dance attire (Refer to audition confirmation email from coordinator).
- Applicants should arrive early on the day of their scheduled appointment.
- Note to long distance applicants: Dance applicants for whom travel is prohibitive may request to submit video to be adjudicated by the dance faculty. For more information, please contact Dance Admissions Coordinator Lynne Grossman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following the audition, the Department of Theatre and Dance will notify candidates directly regarding their results.
Note: Once enrolled in the Dance Program, students must participate in an annual review to continue in the program.