Synergies between Business and Education
Meeting with NJ/NY-based Italian companies
The meeting aims at fostering synergies between Italian companies in the New Jersey and New York areas and the Italian Program at Montclair State University, as well as other related disciplines, in order to create opportunities for students in the rich and diverse ecosystem of the Italian economy in the region (read article). These opportunities would be in fields such as language, business, design, biology, communication, film, food and nutrition, etc., and would include, but are not limited to, internships both locally and in Italy, as well as shared research projects.
The meeting will be held on March 21 at 4:30pm in the Feliciano School of Business.
- Greetings: Robert Friedman (College of Humanities and Social Sciences, Dean), and Keith Barrack (Chief of Staff, Office of the President, MSU)
- Introduction: Teresa Fiore (Inserra Chair, MSU): “Linking Education, Business, and Government”
- Enza Antenos (Deputy Chair, Italian, MSU): “Italian and Business at Montclair State University: Degrees and Special Projects”
- Marisa Trubiano (Associate Professor, Italian, MSU): "Audiovisual Translation and Cultural Industry"
- Maurizio Forte (ITA NY, Director): “Italian Companies in the U.S. and in NJ: The Perspective of the Italian Trade Commission”
- Eric Perkins (McElroy, Deutsch Mulvaney & Carpenter): “Italian Companies in New Jersey: Practical Considerations from the Field”
- Margie Piliere (ChooseNJ): “Choose New Jersey Goes to Italy"
- Vincenzo Ciancio (Monte dei Paschi di Siena) and Giovanni Colavita (Colavita USA): “Internship Experiences with Italian Companies”
- Sponsored and organized by The Inserra Chair in Italian and Italian American Studies
- Co-organized with the Italian Program (Department of Spanish and Italian) and the Feliciano Center for Entrepreneurship at Montclair State University
- With the patronage of the Italian Trade Commission
- In collaboration with Choose New Jersey
The meeting is in part linked to an event on food and sustainability featuring Andrea Illy, Chairman of illycaffé and Altagamma, in conversation with scholar and journalist Daniele Balicco, to be held on the same day (6:30-8:30pm, Lecture Hall 101, School of Business – see full information here).