- A lecture by Loredana Polezzi, Professor of Translation Studies (School of Modern Languages, Cardiff U, UK).
Mon Oct. 15, 2018 6:30-8:30 p.m. (School of Business, Lecture Hall 101)
Officially presented in connection with the 2018 Italian Language in the World initiative
- Roundtable with an introductory speech by Paula Krebs (Executive Director of the MLA, Modern Language Association)
Thur. Nov. 15, 2018 4-6 p.m. (CS Schmitt Hall 104)
- Sicilian Ghost Story (2017) by Fabio Grassadonia and Antonio Piazza
Mon. Dec. 3, 2018 6-9 p.m. (SCM Presentation Hall 1040)
- Screening of film clips and debate moderated by Teresa Fiore (Inserra Chair, Montclair State University)
Tue. Jan. 29, 2019 7-8:30 p.m. University Hall 1070
- Online Workshop: Panel of presentations and discussion via Zoom meeting
Sat. Feb. 23, 2019 1-4 p.m. EST (10AM-1PM PST)
- Screening of film clips (from Rapicavoli’s work and The Godfather series) and debate moderated by Teresa Fiore (Inserra Chair, Montclair State University)
Tue. March 26, 2019 7:-8:30 p.m. – University Hall 1070
- A Conversation with artist Francesco Simeti, Nicholas Savage (Image specialist, Maharam) and Lester Burg (MTA, Arts & Design)
Co-moderated by Livia Alexander (Art and Design, Montclair State University) and Teresa Fiore (Inserra Chair, Montclair State University) with introductory remarks by Sharon Waters (Feliciano Center for Entrepreneurship)
Mon. April 15, 2019 6:30-8:30 p.m. – Feliciano School of Business, Lecture Hall 101
Telling Your Story: Secrets to Job Search Success in Languages and Other Fields (co-sponsored event)
- A multi-part workshop with Dr. Anna Marie Trester about transferring university training to a range of professional contexts
April 18 (10-11:15am) Part I: Zoom video conference (UH 3046)
April 24 (2:45-4:15pm) Part II: Live Workshop (SBUS 011) + Open Office Hrs 4:30-5:30 (Schmitt 318)
- Guided tour and introductory lecture by Frank Gerard Godlewski (architect and architectural historian) and Kathleen Bennett (decorative arts historian and chairperson of the Montclair Historic Preservation Commission)
June 9, 2019 – 2pm at the Van Vleck House and Gardens (21 Van Vleck Street, Montclair, NJ 07042)
- This course is designed for high school students on a university campus, available at Montclair State in an intensive summer format, including guest speakers and off-campus tours.
Ongoing research projects and activities
- Winner of the 2017 AAIS/American Association of Italian Studies Book Prize, Honorable Mention at the 2018 MLA Marraro Prize and Runner UP at the Gadda Prize in Edinburgh, UK.
Various locations around the U.S. and in Italy, and various dates throughout the academic year
- Illustration of the in-progress research project about food practices and human mobility before and after 1943.
Presentations by faculty and student assistant