Opportunities for Students
The Inserra Chair is committed to providing opportunities to MSU and High School students for the acquisition and application of knowledge about Italian culture through ad hoc projects and regular programs.
- A two-semester student internship as the Inserra program assistant*(either for credit as a Coop Ed option or as a paid position)
- Supervision, along with members of the Italian faculty, of video production (see video archive), article writing (see article in Media Coverage), and translation/subtitling carried out by MSU students active in different departments (Italian program/Department of Spanish and Italian, School of Media and Communication, etc.)
- Educational activities that in collaboration with outside partners such as newspapers and film productions companies create pre-professional opportunities for students as integrated components of the regular course curriculum (see Business Italian Style video interviews project)
- Support of select programs organized by the Amici Italian Clubon campus
- Partnerships with local high schools so that qualified students can participate in select cultural programs and receive a guided tour of the campus in view of possible enrollment at MSU (for an example see theatre workshop with the Italian company Le Albe)
- Complimentary tickets for Italian cultural activities in the NJ-NY region offered to MSU students of Italian.