Distance Learning Room
Distance Learning Room - College Hall 310
Information Technology's Distance Learning Room features integrated technology which allows collaboration with other universities, colleges, K-12 Schools and other institutions from around the world! The facility is located in College Hall Room 310. Below you will find a description of the room, a list of AV equipment and technologies in the room, the scheduling priority structure, and important reservation information.
- Sony Data projector
- One 42" Monitor
- Three 35" Monitors
- Two Interactive Cameras
- One Document Camera
- Two VHS VCRs
- DVR (can play DVDs)
- Fax Machine
- Networked Printer
- Sound System with wireless microphone including an infrared transmitter for the instructor's camera.
- Telephone Conferencing Equipment
- Thirty-Three (33) PC computers in classic Nova learning stations
- Crestron wired and wireless Control System including econtrol
- Polycom VS 4000: Standard Definition (SD) Video Conferencing Codec
Voice Phone in the room: (973) 655-4429
Fax: (973) 655-4190
The 42" and three 35" monitors are for classroom display of the remote site and all of the presentation possibilities provided. The unit is capable of showing and transmitting live video from two interactive video cameras, DVD, and video tapes.
H.323 is an internet protocol which connects to other H.323 device all over the world. Montclair State University's membership to NJEDge.Net allows video conferencing to all 47 plus members. In addition, NJEDge's membership with Internet2 allows H.323 allows video conference calls to Internet2 universities in the US as well as education and research institutions around the world.
Scheduling Priority Structure
The CO-310 facility is heavily booked by instructors who wish to use it as a teaching/computer lab. While the use of the room for on-site teaching is certainly allowed and encouraged by IT, CO-310 is first and foremost a distance learning facility. Video conferences for courses, classes, presentations, interviews, Continuing Education have the highest priority. The use of CO-310 as a technology instructional classroom (teaching computer lab, Power Point Presentations, etc.) is the next priority, followed by software training, FRS training and then regular classes. In some instances, individuals who have booked the room for anything other than distance learning may be "bumped" from the room. Because of this, it is imperative that you have a "fall back" room in the event that you are "bumped" from this facility. IT appreciates your understanding and cooperation in this matter, and we ask that you plan accordingly.
- Distance Learning Video Courses in collaboration with other colleges and universities within:
- The NJEDge.net Gold Network
- The New Jersey Coastal Communiversity
- NJ Virtual University
- Global corporations and partners
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning single event classes/lectures/presentations with domestic and international colleges and universities.
- Interviews with potential job candidates from a distance.
- Over flow for DL programs originating from additional distance learning facilities on campus
- High Technology classes/courses that need one or more of the following technologies:
- computer teaching lab
- data projector (ceiling mounted)
- computer access to the Internet
- a mediated room to make visual presentations
- document camera
- fax machine
- audio conferencing
- Faculty/Staff training for:
- Computer hardware & software
- Regular classes
To reserve this space or for technical consultation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 973-655-7971, option 1.</p