Montclair State University has over 366 mediated spaces across campus supported by several technical areas including the Division of Information Technology. Mediated spaces on campus are areas that have either a projector or flat panel that can be controlled via a user. The Audio Visual Engineering team provides primary and secondary support for these spaces.
For the Fall 2020 semester, we have designed training documentation and tools to help faculty prepare to teach effectively in the modality assigned to their courses. In addition to the current opportunities to visit and test out classrooms, IT, OFA, and ITDS will continue to provide support sessions throughout the semester for instructors. Faculty are encouraged to review our Classroom Technology Training Information below for more details. All faculty should take responsibility for assuring that they have availed themselves of any University-provided training or support services necessary to use the enhanced classroom technology.
Classroom Technology Training Information
- Classroom Set Up Guide
- HawkFLEX Teaching Modalities (OFA)
- Check Status and Equipment List for HawkLive Spaces
- Zoom Video Conferencing at Montclair State
The University has a limited amount of portable units that will be provided to borrow for a class or an event. Each College/School will have specific equipment for their Faculty to borrow. To understand how to borrow, please click on the instructions or reach out to your College’s Local Academic Technology Unit.
- Faculty AV Kit (webcam, lavalier microphones, tripods)
- Faculty AV Kit and Video Tutorial
- CHSS/IT – Click to enter our AV Loan Form
- Meeting OWL | Meeting Owl Quick Start Guide
- SWIVL | CEHS-SWIVL Documentation
Need Help with Classroom Technical Difficulties?
- Contact the IT Service Desk for IT Supported Classrooms: 973-655-7971, Option 6 or your Local Academic Technology Units for College Support Classrooms