Information Technology Division at Montclair State University offers variety of software applications that allow users to easily engage during their affiliation with the University. Below is a listing with links to appropriate documentation.
Teaching and Learning Technologies
- Canvas – University Learning Management System Faculty Canvas Guide
- Canvas Conferencing Tool
- ePortfolios (Google Sites) — ePortfolios User Guide
- Google Apps Montclair State University participates in Google Apps for Education that allows for us to have access to Google Mail, Drive, Calendar, Analytics and so much more.
- NJVID – New Jersey Video Repository
- Respondus LockDown Browser
- TechSmith Relay
- Panopto – an all-in-one video platform. It provides desktop lecture recording and automatic captioning services, as well as offers pedagogical features to add learning interactions within a video. It is seamlessly integrated with the Canvas learning management system. Creating a Recording Using Panopto
- Turnitin – Montclair State University’s plagiarism detection system. It is integrated directly with Canvas.
Full List of Faculty/Staff Applications
- Acrobat Pro – is an application that allows you to create and edit PDFs. Installed on all University owned machines.
- Creative Cloud
- Attendance Verification – is an ellucian module, part of the banner suite, used to track students attendance end verify their eligibility for financial aid.
- Banner 9 – is a web interface for accessing banner administrative pages and manipulating student data. Requires authorized access. Banner 9 learning aids
- Cognos Reporting – is a reporting tool used to create and run University reports of student data.
- Degree Works – is a web-based planning and tracking tool that helps students and advisors monitor a student’s academic progress toward graduation. Degree Works User Guide
- Electronic Voting System(EVS) – is a web application used to administer campus internal elections and voting. EVS User Guide
- Gartner Portal – is an application used to gain research articles from Gartner. About Gartner Portal (PDF)
- Generic Account Center – is an application used to request a generic email account. It is mainly used by administrative offices and programs.
- Google Resource Calendar Center (GRCC) – is a web application that allows users to request and manage google resource calendar. GRCC User Guide
- Group Manager – is a web application that allows you to manage specific file shares on MSU Files or grant access to Sharp Devices. How to use the Group Manager app
- Instructional Service Reporting (ISR) – is a web application used by instructional staff to complete their instructional service reporting.
- ITDS Course Registration – is an application that allows to register for IT training course.
- Microsoft Office Tutorials
- MSU File Hawk is a web application that facilitates the transfer of confidential documents between university employees. File Hawk User Guide
- NEST – is the University portal for user services. NEST Tutorial and FAQ documents
- NetID Form – is a web application that allows users to activate and manage their NetID and password. Activate/Manage NetID an password
- HawkSync – is a web portal that allows you to be in tune with all the campus events. OrgSync (HawkSync) User Guide
- PeopleSoft – is a Financial Management System.
- Rave – is a set of safety, academic and auxiliary mobile applications. Rave User Guide
- SPSS – is a tool that offers advanced statistical analysis, a vast library of machine-learning algorithms, text analysis, open-source extensibility, integration with big data and seamless deployment into applications.
- Starfish – is a tool that instructors can use to alert students and their advisors on their academic performance.
- Sympa Lists – MSU’s mailing list service.
- Workday – is a cloud based set of applications used for human capital management (HCM) and payroll. Workday learning resources
- 25Live – is an enterprise-class, web-based event calendaring, scheduling, and publishing system. 25Live User Guide
Software Repository Downloads
Access additional software by visiting the Software Repository application. Software that can found on this site:
- Citrix Virtualization software that allows Windows applications to be accessed via individual devices from a shared server or cloud system.
- EndNote (Mac and Windows) Software tool for publishing and managing bibliographies, citations and references on the Windows and Macintosh desktop.
- JMP Pro (Mac and Windows) Statistical analysis program.
- Office 365 Microsoft subscription plans that include access to Office applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Putty Secure Shell Documentation An open-source terminal emulator, serial console and network file transfer application.
- Sophos Antivirus A security and antivirus solution that delivers advanced, real-time protection from the latest ransomware, malicious software, and hacking attempts.