How to print in Public Computing Labs?
- Printing in the labs is available exclusively to MSU registered students enrolled in courses for the active semester.
- Students must know their MSU NetID credentials in order to authenticate to the print dialog prompts.
- When printing multi-page documents, students must select an option on the print dialog prompt whether they would like to print double-sided or single side. Clicking “YES” on the prompt will always result in a double-sided printout.
Quick Tips to Reduce Paper Waste
- Did you know if you print double-sided that you can get approximately 1142 printed sides?
- Before printing that document, use the print preview function that will give you an accurate view of how the printed pages will look.
- In PowerPoint, select the handout option when printing out a slideshow.
- Download books to your network share, tablet pc, smartphone or computer for easy perusal.
- When printing, select only the pages you need to print out.
- When doing research, save your material by emailing it to yourself or saving it to a flash drive.
- Be patient when printing! If you have already hit the print button the document might be queued up at the printer with jobs being processed before you.
- When printing study guides or class notes, reduce margins and point sizes to minimize page counts.
- Think before you print! Do I really need to print this email, webpage, or 50 page article?