How to print in Public Computing Labs?
- Printing in the labs is available exclusively to MSU registered students enrolled into courses in the active semester.
- Students must know their MSU NetID credentials in order to authenticate to the print dialog prompts.
- When printing multi-page documents, students must select an option on the print dialog prompt whether they would like to print double sided or single side. Clicking “YES” on the prompt will always result in a double-sided printout.
Quick Tips to Reduce Paper Waste
- Did you know if you print double-sided that you can get approximately 1142 printed sides?
- Before printing that document, use the print preview function that will give you an accurate view of how the printed pages will look.
- In PowerPoint, select the handout option when printing out a slideshow.
- Download books to your network share, tablet pc, smartphone or computer for easy perusal.
- When printing, select only the pages you need to print out.
- When doing research, save your material by emailing it to yourself or saving it to a flash drive.
- Be Patient when printing! If you have already hit the print button the document might be queued up at the printer with jobs being processed before you.
- When printing study guides or class notes, reduce margins and point sizes to minimize page counts.
- Think before you print! Do I really need to print this email, webpage, or 50 page article?