NEST (Network Engagement and Student/Staff Transactions) is the primary student and faculty/staff web front-end gateway at Montclair State University. NEST has streamlined many processes that once relied on human intervention. These processes include the rich capability of self-services advisement (to augment traditional advisement) for degree auditing, fee and tuition real-time payments and “one-click” (single sign-on) access to other applications such as Self-Service Banner, Degree Works, TouchNet and more. NEST provides many benefits:
- Deliver easy-to-use, self-service tools for students, staff and faculty
- Send effective, timely and meaningful communications
- Let users teach, share and manage information easily through online environments
- Automate workflows to simplify system management and administrative processes
Faculty and staff may access NEST for a variety of different purposes depending on their role at the University. For example, Academic Advisors would access NEST and navigate to Degree Works. Here, they would find a list of their advisees and access their advisees’ degree audits in order to properly prepare their students for registration. Faculty would access NEST in order to view their class rosters, input grades or verify student attendance for financial aid purposes.
If you need help navigating NEST please check the task based user guides:
- Introduction to Self-Service Banner (SSB)
- SSB Faculty Guides to Entering Grades
- How to Verify Attendance for Students in a Regularly Scheduled Class
- How to Verify Attendance for Students in Online Courses
- Degree Works User Guide
- Banner 9 Learning Aids
Access to tools and services through is based on your role at the University. This means that what you see in NEST may not be the same as what someone else sees within NEST.
Depending on the role, faculty and employees may need additional access to certain academic applications within NEST. Additional access to certain systems is only available after attending training for that particular system. For more information about these training courses, please visit the Training Registration website.
NEST Mobile based on Ellucian Mobile, is a higher education mobile app that easily integrates with existing—and constantly evolving—IT platforms and strategies. Its framework supports native and web applications, and implementation options let you choose between a configurable pre-set application edition or a platform edition to build and manage your own mobile environment.
Montclair State NEST Mobile is available for iOS and Android devices. The new app makes it possible to view what you would in “desktop” NEST and more, all on your compatible smartphone at any time!
There are many great features included in NEST mobile aimed to make your academic and professional life easier to manage. These features include:
- An interactive campus map complete with the ability to plot directions to all important buildings on campus.
- The latest Red Hawk News articles including deadline information, campus events and more.
- Access to the campus event calendar with the ability to add any event to your smartphone’s calendar.
- A mobile-friendly faculty directory where you can instantly find contact information for any faculty or staff member.
- Access to emergency contacts such as University Police and the University Health Center.
- Links to HawkSync, Canvas and Workday.
- Access to the other applications Montclair State University uses such as Rave Guardian and Rave Alerts.
Some of the features and functions of Montclair State NEST Mobile, like access to your course schedule for the current semester along with time and room information, require you to log in with your University NetID and password to access.
Additionally, students will have access to their final semester grades, Degree Works Academic Audit, and the Financial Aid and Student Accounts NEST pages upon logging in.
How Can I Get Montclair State NEST Mobile?
Downloading Montclair State NEST Mobile to your compatible smartphone is quick, easy and FREE. (Note: Open these links from your mobile device.)
Or, you can visit either the iOS App Store on your iPhone or the Google Play Store on your Android device and search “Montclair State NEST Mobile”. Follow the instructions as you normally would to download the app and launch it!
Note: Right now Montclair State NEST Mobile is only available for current Android and iOS devices. The app requires iOS version 8.0 or higher or an Android device running version 4.0.3 or higher.
Once you’ve downloaded the Montclair State NEST Mobile app, you can login at any time using the “Sign In” button located at the bottom of the Applications Menu or any Application Module with a padlock icon next to it. Login using your University NetID and password just like you would do for NEST to access all Montclair State NEST Mobile has to offer.
Please note: you may occasionally see the NEST login screen when attempting to navigate to a module after logging in. Simply select that module again in the left hand menu to navigate to the correct page.
Having some questions about how to use the app? Check out our Nest Mobile User Guide.