Information Technology Division at Montclair State University offers a variety of software applications that allow users to easily engage during their affiliation with the University. Below is a listing with links to related documentation:
Teaching and Learning Technologies
Account Management Center – Web Application that allows users to activate and manage their NetID and password. Activate/Manage NetID and Password instructions for students
Adobe – Adobe Creative Cloud and Acrobats are available in our public labs using a Shared Device license.
Citrix – Virtualization software that allows Windows applications to be accessed via individual devices from a shared server or cloud system. Citrix for Students Guide
Respondus LockDown Browser – creates a restricted test-taking environment through integration with the Canvas Learning Management System.
Google Apps – Montclair State University participates in Google Apps for Education that allows for us to have access to Google Mail, Drive, Calendar, Analytics and more. Google Apps Documentation
Handshake – is a career services application that provides students with access to jobs, internships, and career events.
Navigate – is a student success platform designed to help academic advisors, faculty and student support areas engage with students more efficiently, identify students who need attention and track student behavior trends to more effectively focus resources and initiatives.
Engage – Web Application that helps you learn about different organizations, events and co-curricular activities on campus. Get Involved
SLP – Service Learning Program, web application used by students to register for courses that require a certain number of internship hours.
Software Repository Downloads
Access additional software by visiting the Software Repository application. Software that can found on this site:
- Citrix Virtualization software that allows Windows applications to be accessed via individual devices from a shared server or cloud system.
- EndNote (Mac and Windows) Software tool for publishing and managing bibliographies, citations and references on the Windows and Macintosh desktop.
- JMP Pro (Mac and Windows) Statistical analysis program.
- Office 365 Microsoft subscription plans that include access to Office applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Putty Secure Shell Documentation An open-source terminal emulator, serial console and network file transfer application.
- Sophos Antivirus A security and antivirus solution that delivers advanced, real-time protection from the latest ransomware, malicious software, and hacking attempts.