Valued Education Technology Related Links
Links Related to Educational Technologies
- Understanding the Internet
- Accommodating the Disabled Using the Web and Electronic Documents
- Professional Associations
- Educational Technology Tools for Practice
- Recognized University Educational Technology Programs
- Examples of Recent Reports
- Training Strategists for Using Technologies in Teaching
- Educational Technology
Based on the AECT definition
- The Field of Educational Technology: Update 2000 by Don Ely
Links Related To Educational Technologies
Understanding the Internet
- The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
Develops standards for interoperable technologies to allow the Internet to develop to its fullest potential.
Founded by Tim Berners-Lee in October 1994.
- An Atlas of Cyberspace
Multiple visual representations of the Internet and Cyberspace to understand the web network concept.
- BBN Internet Timeline
A timeline of people, concepts and creations that led to the Internet as we know it today.
- The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
A non-profit corporation that is responsible for IP allocation as well as systems management issues related to the Internet. You can also find here a list of accredited registrars if you wish to register a domain name.
- Internet Domain Survey
A twice-yearly count of the number of IP addresses that have been assigned a name to give an idea of how the Internet is growing.
- The Internet Education Project
A resource for librarians to display and share instructional materials that they have designed for teaching about seeking and evaluating information in a networked environment.
- Uniform Resource Locators
A tutorial all about Web addresses and what each part of them means.
Accomodating Disabled Using the Web & Electronic Devices
- The Access Board's Accessibility Guidelines and Standards
See the section on Telecommunications for electronic files compliance standards and the Telecommunications Act.
A web based validator to check Web pages for accessibility
- ADA US Department of Justice Home Page
Technical specifications and requirements for accessible electronic documents and Web pages.
A resource site for news, links and tools for creating accessible Web pages and electronic documents
- Accommodating Students With Disabilities
A set of guidelines developed by MSU's Health and Counseling Services
- Copyright and Fair Use
Stanford University Libraries overview and links to resources on copyright and fair use.
- Copyright Clearance Center
Resource to obtain permission to use copyrighted works.
- U.S. Copyright Office of the Library of Congress
A resource of copyright laws and new or pending copyright legislation.
- Copyright Crash Course
University of Texas System, Office of General Counsel Copyright Crash Course includes recent updates such as the TEACH Act.
- American Association for Higher Education (AAHE)
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- American Educational Research Associaiton (AERA)
- American Society for Training and Development (ASTD)
- Association for Applied Interactive Multimedia (AAIM)
- Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT)
- International Interactive Communications Society (IICS)
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
- U.S. Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
Educational Technology Tools for Practice
- Educause Effective Practices and Solutions, Transforming Education Through Education Technologies
- List of email lists to keep up with advances in educational technologies
- Technology and Higher Education Statistics, Surveys, and Reports
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Center for Instructional Technology
- Penn State University Innovations in Distance Education
Integrating Instructional Design in Distance Education Tool
- George Lucas Educational Foundation
Edutopia, envision the future of public education
- ISTE Technology Integration Resources
- Doctoral Research in Educational Technology: Directory of Dissertations
- The Encyclopedia of Educational Technology
San Diego State University, College of Education
Search for term or click on Table of Contents
- EDTECH Listserv Archives
- ERIC Clearinghouse on Information and Technology
- Instructional Technology Connections
Martin Ryder's excellent compilation of instructional technology links.
- WWW Virtual Library for Educational Technology
- National Education Association (NEA) Hot Issues/Technology
- AFT Higher Education, Technology and Distance Education
- Bibliographic Formats for Citing Electronic Information
- Citing Electronic Resources APA
- Indiana University Purdue University, Fort Wayne Instructor Resource Center
Recognized University Educational Technology Programs
- Wake Forest University School of Medicine
(Educause award application)
- George Mason University
Technology Across the Curriculum Program
- University of Washington
- Columbia Institute for Learning Technologies
Examples of Recent Reports
- New Media Consortium 2007 Horizon Report [PDF]
- The Internet Goes to College: How students are living in the future, September 2002
by Steve Jones, Pew Internet & American Life Project [PDF]
- The Digital Disconnect: The Widening Gap between Internet-Savvy Students and Their Schools, August 2002
by Douglas Levin and Sousan Arafeh, Pew Internet & American Life Project [PDF]
- The Internet and Education: Findings of the Pew Internet & American Life Project, Summary of Findings, September 2001
by Amanda Lenhart, Maya Simon and Mike Graziano, Pew Internet & American Life Project
- U.S. Department of Education, Educational Technology Reports
- Faculty Attitudes Towards Electronic Resources, July/August 2002, Educause
- Object Lessons: Towards an Educational Theory of Technology, by Suzanne de Castell, Mary Bryson, and Jennifer Jenson