Welcome Back Lenovo! Every four (4) years, a Computer LifeCycle Committee is assembled comprised of technology specialists, and faulty that review our computer configurations and make recommendations for the next four (4) years. These recommendations are sent to several National Association of State Procurement Officials (NASPO) approved computer manufacturers for model options, and quotes for pricing and support.
After careful review of the submissions from Dell, Lenovo, HP, and Fujitsu, Montclair State University has chosen LENOVO as the University’s new computer vendor starting January 1, 2020.
What does this mean for me?
- If you are due for a replacement Windows PC, your replacement will be a Lenovo computer.*
- A Tablet option is now available!
- Desktop, Laptop, and Tablet replacements will continue on a 48-month schedule.
- Only Lenovo standard configurations will be supported moving forward. However, existing Dell models will continue to be supported.
- The Dell punchout will no longer feature Dell computers but will continue to offer toner and other accessories.
- The Lenovo punchout will be available in early Spring through the new Workday Financial system.
- Please work directly with the Account Executive to obtain quotes for your department purchases until the Lenovo punchout is available in the Spring.
*During the transition, there is a possibility of receiving Dell equipment depending on available stock. If you should receive Dell during this transition period, this equipment will continue to be supported.