As communicated previously, the number of Zoom meetings and the amount of Zoom storage used by campus have been escalating each month. In an effort to manage storage costs, we will trigger our final catch-up deletion of older Zoom videos on Monday, April 5th, when we will delete all stored Zoom recorded videos through February 5, 2021. We will also turn on the 90-day automatic deletion feature which will delete any Zoom video files older than 90 days. i.e. Any file recorded and stored on February 6th will automatically be deleted on May 6th and etc.
What Do I Need to Do:
You should review and delete or move/archive your Zoom recordings in advance of our deletion dates to avoid surprises or loss of recordings you want to retain.
To see if you have recordings that need to be deleted or moved/archived, please follow these steps to view and download:
- Sign in to your Zoom web portal – https://montclair.zoom.us.
- In the navigation menu, click Recordings.
- You will see a list of cloud recordings that you started.
- Adjust the date range and status, then search by “host”, meeting ID, topic, or keyword.
- For this initial deletion, leave “From” blank and enter 02/05/2021 in the “To” field.
- Once you hit search, you will see all recordings up to 02/05/2021.
- From there, you can choose to download each file or click and delete all.
Please Note: Please take a moment to review all videos stored after this day as well as they will potentially be affected by the 90-day automatic deletion.
What Do I Do with My Videos?
You have several options once you have downloaded your videos:
- Download and store to your computer
- Download and upload to Google Drive
- Download and upload to Panopto (Faculty Only)
As a reminder, all Faculty should be using Zoom through Canvas for the following reasons:
- Students can more easily and consistently access the Zoom meetings
- Copyright requirements, should you be displaying copyrighted material, are addressed by requiring students to access the meetings from Canvas
Delay in Automatic Porting of Canvas Zoom Recordings to Panopto
Last fall we communicated that effective Nov 1, 2020, we were beginning to automate the porting to Panopto of Zoom recordings scheduled via Canvas, so that faculty would not need to move these recordings manually. Unfortunately, we have discovered some issues with the Canvas/Panopto integration, resulting in the fact that not all Zoom recordings were moved to Panopto. The vendor is close to having a fix for this issue, but until that time, you will need to log into Zoom and check to see if there are any Zoom recordings that you want to retain and either confirm that they were moved to Panopto or move them manually.
What Do I Need to Do?
You need to manually move those recordings from Zoom to Panopto. (Please refer to the Panopto instructions page).
Where Do My Cloud Recordings Go After Deletion?
All video recordings go into the online trash for 30 days before deletion. If you did not have a chance to download your recordings, you can restore them but you must then download and move them. You cannot leave them in Zoom storage as they will be automatically deleted as they reach 90 days of age.