Faculty/Staff Laptop Loan Requests
Daily/Recurring Loan Process
A number of mediated classrooms do not have a podium computer for use. If you need to borrow a laptop to teach, please fill out our Equipment Loan Form. Laptops are only available for loan for the class period and must be picked up and dropped off before and after class.
- Submissions must be completed a minimum of 2 business days before the requested loan period. This system strictly enforces the standard 24-hour loan period.
- Recurring Loans (e.g. a loan for each Wednesday for the semester) can be accommodated by clicking the recurring loan button and defining the time period.
- Please use the comments section as needed to better describe request needs – especially when requesting a special set up of a laptop or to designate a student pick up of equipment on your behalf.
Please Note: The asset loan availability is for 1 business day/24-hour period and is based on asset availability.
Long-Term Loans (BCCL Laptops)
The University has a small number of long-term laptops that can be provided for temporary use for more than (1) day. BCCL loaner laptops are specifically only to be requested in situations where:
- You have a desktop PC and need to work remotely.
- You have a short-term project where a staff member needs to use a laptop.
- There is a short-term, temporary employee or contractor that is in need of an MSU laptop to perform their assigned duties.
Each request has to be approved as we have a limited number of windows laptops. Upon approval, a laptop will be provided to you along with a timeline for return. Laptops are running a secured Windows 10 image and have a video camera to support Zoom functionality. To request a BCCL Laptop, please go to our Equipment Request Form and chose BCCL from the drop-down list, and please use the comments to add a description of utilization.
If you have any questions, please contact the IT Service Desk at 973-655-7971, option 1.