An annual flu shot is now required if you live in the residential halls or take in-person classes, work on campus or participate in on-campus functions.
The University will be providing FREE flu vaccines on campus to help you meet this requirement. (See on-campus flu clinic information below.)
Who Is Required?
- All resident students.
- Commuter students who are registered for in-person classes this academic year.
- Students coming to campus for work or engagement in other campus functions.
You can receive a shot at your local pharmacy, your medical provider or at an on-campus FREE flu clinic.
Deadline and How to Submit Documentation
The deadline to submit proof of your flu vaccine is: Wednesday, November 25, 2020.
If you get (or have already received) a flu shot at an on-campus flu clinic, your information is on file.
If you receive your vaccine at a pharmacy, retail location or physician’s office, you may submit your Flu Shot Documentation online, which must contain the following information:
- Your full name
- Date vaccine administered (must be on or after Saturday, August 1, 2020)
- 2020-2021 Influenza/flu vaccine (not just that you got a “shot”)
- Signature of medical provider and date
Requests for medical exemption should be submitted to the University Health Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) as a written statement from your healthcare provider indicating the vaccine that is contraindicated and the specific medical condition. Montclair State reserves the right to approve or decline the exemption request.
FREE On-Campus Flu Clinic
The University Health Center is sponsoring FREE on-campus clinics, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., on the following dates:
- Monday, November 2, Student Center, Ballrooms
- Tuesday, November 3, Student Center, Ballrooms
- Wednesday, November 11, Student Center, Ballrooms
- Thursday, November 12, Student Center, Ballrooms
- Tuesday, November 17, Student Center, Ballrooms
Please Note: Signs will be posted if location change is necessary.
Please make an appointment ahead of time to help scheduling: View Appointment Form.
Walk-ins are welcome, while flu shots last.