Montclair State University is excited to announce our move to Handshake, your new online hub for jobs, internships, career advising appointments, career events, resources and more! On Monday, May 16, 2022, Handshake will replace our current career services management system, Hire a Red Hawk.
Why Are We Moving to Handshake?
Handshake offers a more seamless and personalized experience, providing resources, information, and opportunities tailored to your career interests and goals. Handshake is the #1 place employers recruit college students and new grads. This platform empowers you to build your network by facilitating connections with employers, career advisors, alumni and peers. On Handshake you’ll be able to:
- Schedule career counseling appointments.
- Find on- and off-campus jobs, internships and career opportunities from worldwide employers.
- View and register for upcoming career fairs and events.
- Receive personal feedback on resume and cover letters.
- Access resources on resumes, LinkedIn, interviewing and more.
- Connect with students, alumni and employers.
Important Steps to You Must Take to Prepare for the Transition
On Monday, May 16, you will no longer have access to apply for jobs, upload resumes, or book counseling appointments in Hire a Red Hawk.
Before Friday, May 13, at 5 p.m. you must complete the following steps:
- Download Your Documents: Log into your Hire a Red Hawk account, then navigate to your documents section, download Resumes, Cover Letters, References and any other documents you may need.
- Be sure to save these documents in a place you can access outside of Hire a Red Hawk. Once your Handshake account is available, you’ll need to upload your documents.
- Copy Job Applications: In your Hire a Red Hawk account, navigate to Jobs, then My Job Applications. You’ll want to copy any application information into a file you can access outside of Hire a Red Hawk.
- Whitelist Handshake Emails: Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email “safe senders” list! Making this adjustment will ensure receipt of all Montclair State University Handshake invitations and updates.
- Check Your Email: On Monday, May 16 look for an invitation to Handshake with instructions for claiming your account! You can also visit montclair.edu/career-services for more information on your Handshake account.