Use some of your down time this summer to better understand how you can find and apply for jobs and internships in Handshake. The more you know about how to make the system work for you, the better prepared you will be for fall internships, co-ops, part-time and full-time employment, on campus positions and even seasonal work!
Following the employers that you like will enable you to receive notifications when new jobs are posted. Following employers also improves your job recommendations by providing more relevant opportunities, and shows an employer that you follow them, indicating mutual interest!
- Click the Employers button at the top of your Handshake homepage
- Use the filters to find employers who align with your career interests and goals
- Either follow employers from this page, or click into an employer’s profile and hit the Follow button
- Learn More!
Upload Your Documents
Documents like your resume are often a potential employer’s first impression of you. As such, these documents should showcase your goals, strengths, and accomplishments. The career advisors in your college or school can help you identify improvement areas in your resume format, presentation, relevance, and content to ensure it’s job search ready. Handshake accepts uploads for:
- Cover Letters
- Letters of Recommendations
- Unofficial transcripts, references, and examples of work (i.e., writing samples, professional social media postings, etc.)
- Get Started
Complete Your Profile
A complete profile represents who you are as a student and a professional. A complete profile includes:
- Name and Headshot
- Work Experience
- Organizations and Extracurriculars
- Courses and Projects
- Career Interests
- Get More Info!