Now that you’ve been accepted to Montclair State, your next step is to enroll as a full-fledged Red Hawk.
Use the checklist below for guidance.
If you haven’t already done so, apply for your VA Education Benefits. Once you receive your GI Bill Certificate of Eligibility, please either email or drop off a copy to Jon Gubitosi: Cole Hall 3rd Floor/Suite 318/Office B.
To be considered for federal and state financial aid, as well as for any merit- or non-merit-based scholarships, you must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by the March 1 deadline.
Be sure to review the Financial Aid Checklist to make certain that you have completed all necessary steps and to keep your financial aid applications on track.
To reserve your place at Montclair State, simply submit your new student deposit payment* online by the posted deadline.
To pay your deposit, use your Campus Wide ID (CWID) provided in your acceptance letter. Log in using your CWID (the eight-digit number) in the “Name” field and your PIN, which is your six-digit date of birth (MMDDYY), in the “Password” field.
If you are planning to live on campus, you may also submit your housing deposit at this time. Once your new student deposit and housing deposit are processed, you may complete the online Housing Application. You must complete the Housing Application by May 1. Students will be emailed during the month of May about our housing selection process, which takes place in June.
*The new student deposit and housing deposit are non-refundable. On-campus housing is guaranteed for students who have paid their housing deposit by May 1. Housing is available on a first-come, first-served basis for those who pay their housing deposit after May 1.
Please allow 24-36 hours for your payment/s to be processed before moving on to Step 4.
Your NetID is your Montclair State email account login ID and your ID for other web-based University systems. Your NetID and instructions for how to activate it will be emailed to you 2-3 business days after you deposit.
Once your NetID has been activated, you will begin receiving communications to your Montclair State email account from your academic advisors and other University staff. To log in, visit gmail.com, enter your NetID@montclair.edu, use your NetID password and click “Sign in”.
The Center for Leadership and Engagement coordinates all of Montclair State’s orientation programs. All new students must attend a MANDATORY orientation session. Register for the orientation experience designed to support your introduction to the University. All incoming first-year students must register for the Montclair State Orientation Experience.
- Please Note:
If you are a National Guard/Reserve student who has just completed your initial military training (Basic Training & AIT/Tech School/A-School, etc) and have graduated from high school within the last 3 years please register for a Freshman Orientation.
- If you are coming off active duty, are a transfer student or removed from high school more than 3 years please register for a Transfer Orientation.
The University Health Center oversees all mandatory health requirements for student enrollment. Within 48 hours of activating your NetID (step 3 of the checklist), you will be able to access the My Health portal to upload your vaccination records. The COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical/religious exemption, is required for all Montclair State students. Please follow these steps:
- Download and print the immunization forms from the University Health Center
- Have your health care provider complete and sign the forms. Records from your high school or another university may be submitted in place of these forms.
- Enter your immunization record information from the forms into the online My Health application. Scan and upload your paperwork into the My Health portal. Do not mail completed forms to the University; only uploaded documents into My Health will be reviewed. Instead, scan and upload all documents online in the portal.
- Assure adequate health insurance coverage.
- All full-time Montclair State students are required to have health insurance coverage. Montclair State will automatically enroll you in the Student Health Insurance Plan provided through the University. If you have private health insurance coverage, you must waive this enrollment by showing proof of other insurance. You can waive the enrollment and health insurance premium fee by going to University Health Plans and completing the waiver process. Deadlines will be posted once the fall semester begins. Please check your email at that time for updates.
Don’t delay! You may be de-registered from your courses if your vaccination records aren’t received by posted deadlines.