As communicated previously, the 90-day automatic Zoom videos deletion feature is now turned on. Any Zoom video files older than 90 days will be automatically deleted. For example, any file recorded and stored on February 7th will automatically be deleted 90 days later on May 8th and so on.
What Do I Need to Do:
Schedule your Zoom sessions in Canvas (Faculty only)
To avoid the need to manually back up the zoom recordings, faculty should schedule Zoom sessions in Canvas. The Zoom and Panopto integration will allow sessions scheduled through Zoom in Canvas, and recorded to the Zoom cloud, to be automatically imported into Panopto Recordings in your Canvas course.
Please note that only those Zoom recordings scheduled in Canvas courses will be moved to Panopto Recordings, NOT recordings scheduled through montclair.zoom.us.
For more information, please see Saving Zoom Recordings to Panopto.
For Zoom sessions NOT through Canvas:
You should review and delete or move/archive your Zoom recordings in advance of our deletion dates to avoid surprises or loss of recordings you want to retain.
To see if you have recordings that need to be deleted or moved/archived, please follow these steps to view and download:
- Sign in to your Zoom web portal – https://montclair.zoom.us.
- In the navigation menu, click Recordings.
- You will see a list of cloud recordings that you started.
- Adjust the date range and status, then search by “host”, meeting ID, topic, or keyword.
- Enter the desired date range in the “From” and “To” fields.
- Once you hit search, you will see all recordings within the date range selected.
- From there, you can choose to download each file or click and delete all.
- Once you have downloaded your videos, you may store it on your computer, upload to Google Drive or upload to Panopto (Faculty only).