We have become aware of an urgent security issue that is affecting Apple computers running macOS Monterey (macOS 12.x.x). In order to prevent any malicious activity from occurring, we encourage all Mac users to update your computer as soon as possible. While this particular issue involves macOS Monterey, all Apple computer users should update their software regularly to prevent security issues.
Please follow these steps to update your software. This can take from 30 to 60 minutes to complete. Make sure you have backed up your data before starting.
How to Update Your Mac
- Click on the Apple in the top left corner of your menu bar and open System Preferences.
- Click on Software Update.
- Click on Update Now.
Please Note: For Computers Not on Monterey (Checking Your Operating System)
- If you do not have the latest macOS (Monterey) and want to do updates, you will need to click on More Information to bring up your updates.
- If you want to update to the latest macOS, that can be found in the Software Center.
- Click Install to install the available updates.
- After your computer reboots, continue this process until there are no updates left.