Instructional Technology and Design Services – ITDS, a subdivision of Information Technology, is committed to providing services, support, and education to the University community in order to effectively integrate innovative instructional strategies and technology into the teaching and learning process. Our focus is on promoting learning-enhanced educational principles and strategies, adapting emerging and promising technologies to the teaching curriculum, and demonstrating best pedagogical uses that will facilitate learner-centered educational environments.
We achieve this mission by offering a wide variety of instructional design support, faculty development programs and technology training opportunities. Our services are delivered in a manner that is customized to facilitate, support, and enhance the scholarship of teaching and learning through assimilation of effective pedagogical paradigms and technology.
Our services include:
- Support for Canvas, our learning management system
- Training and workshops in a wide range of instructional technologies
- Updated Pedagogical Resources to facilitate teaching and learning
- Faculty development programs including faculty-led technology workshops, online course offerings, tech camps, and our annual Summer Institute.
- Instructional design consultation for face-to-face, hybrid and online delivery formats
- Multimedia services including the integration of video and multimedia into University courses and the creation of high-quality video in our professional studio
- Guidance on making instructional materials accessible for all
Our goal is to assist and guide faculty on how to start the course design and development process and introduce best pedagogical practices and the effective use of technologies in teaching and learning. ITDS also serves as a foundational resource for online and hybrid course development and teaching practice at Montclair State University.
Meet our highly trained, professional staff who can assist you in this process – ITDS Team.