Montclair State University 2020:
The Power of Human Resources and Finance
Finance & Performance Management Power Hour
Up Next for Workday 2020: Finance and Performance Management – January 2020 Go Live
Now that Recruiting has gone live, we are continuing to improve your Workday with the addition of Finance and Performance Management.
The teams are preparing for the final stages of testing on the new Financials and Performance Management business processes, and we are one step closer to having a fully-integrated system for all HR and Finance operations, including:
- Initiating purchase requisitions
- Requesting travel authorizations and expense reports
- Interactive dashboards with real-time data
- Completing performance evaluations
- Viewing final performance ratings and reviews
Join the team for a Power Hour to see a preview, ask questions, and get information about training.
Workday Financials Power Hour
- Tuesday, September 17, 9:30-10:30 a.m., School of Business, Room 011
- Wednesday, September 18, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m., University Hall, Room 3008
Workday Performance Management Power Hour
- Managerial Staff Review Process
Monday, September 23, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Center for Computing and Information Science, Room 133
- Professional Staff Review Process
Wednesday, September 25, 3-4 p.m., Dickson Hall, Room 177 (Brantl Lecture Hall)
- Civil Service Staff Review Process
Friday, September 27, 3-4 p.m., Dickson Hall, Room 177 (Brantl Lecture Hall)
New in August!
- Recruiting and Hiring (August 19th go-live)
- Manage Internal Careers
- Training begins July 15th!
Coming January 2020!
- Workday Financials
- Performance Management
- Training begins in November!
Workday HR and Finance
- Transaction Processing and Reporting
- Improved Grants Management
- Manage Travel and Expenses
- Improved Procurement Experience
- Employee Performance Management
- Automated PAAF Workflow
- Employee Recruitment
|Category||Current State||Future State|
|Transaction Processing and
|Spreadsheet reporting from multiple systems, with limited visibility into unit or department details||Real-time processing of transactions and access to reporting – anytime, anywhere|
|Grants||Multiple behind-the-scene reconciliations||One-stop source, and improved visibility into reporting data|
|Expenses||Prepare expense report spreadsheet, attach paper receipts, and manually track the status
Complete manual authorization form and obtain signatures
|Snap a photo or upload receipt either online or via mobile device with visibility into automated approvals
Online travel authorization feeds to the expense report, meal per diems auto-populate by city
|Procure to Pay||Contact Service Desk with questions||Improved user interface, with interactive dashboards and links to policies and procedures|
|Performance Management||Manual, paper-driven performance review systems||Easily-accessible reviews with greater visibility to goals in real-time|
|Recruitment||Cumbersome, paper-intensive process||Automated process with improved visibility into job requisitions, postings, recruitment and applicant status|