As part of a broader initiative about pre-professional opportunities for students, the Inserra Chair in Italian and Italian American Studies and the Italian Program at Montclair State University are pleased to offer a new internship in two parts: a Summer Internship portion at the Italian Trade Agency, New York, and a Winter/Spring Internship portion at Choose New Jersey, Princeton.
The selected student will intern for eight weeks at the New York City headquarters of the Italian Trade Agency starting at the beginning of June (early July-end of Aug., 160 hrs to be divided over two full time days and a half day per week). The intern will then work half-time at the Choose New Jersey office (Winter/Spring 2018, details TBD). Please note that schedules will be adapted to specific needs and circumstances.
At both locations, the intern will have the following responsibilities:
- Assisting in project management re: international trade, marketing and consulting (providing information and services to Italian companies approaching the U.S. market, with special focus on those interested to the Tristate area)
- Assisting in the creation of studies and reports based on available data
- Assisting in event organization, media relations, and planning of business trips for a delegation traveling to Italy
- Use of several office automation tools (such as, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, etc.), familiarity with main social media
- Knowledge of Italian (intermediate level minimum)
- Problem-solving skills, autonomy, ability to adapt to new environments
After the selection of the intern is completed, the description of the specific tasks and of the distribution of hours will be included in an agreement between 1. ITA for the first portion (and Choose New Jersey for the second portion of the internship as part of a document that is separate from that with ITA); 2. Montclair State University; and 3. the student.
This is a paid internship supported by a $5,000 scholarship provided by Mr. Inserra via the Lawrence R. Inserra, Jr. Scholarship (Montclair State University Foundation). The intern will receive a stipend for the summer and winter work as well as credit for tuition and fees (for details about the stipend contact email@example.com, and for the tuition credit contact Ana Gomez at the Montclair State University Foundation and cc’ firstname.lastname@example.org).
Eligibility: Advanced students enrolled in the Italian Program. Preference will be given to:
- A current major in Italian;
- An Italian major minoring or double majoring in a discipline with an international and/or a business focus;
- A student in one of the above categories with previous experience in office administration, data analysis, student governance, and/or event organization
The selection committee is composed of: Teresa Fiore (Inserra Chair in Italian and Italian American Studies and Associate Professor of Italian), Enza Antenos (Assistant Professor of Italian) and Marisa Trubiano (Associate Professor of Italian).
Deadline to apply: Passed
The 2017-18 intern is Emma Rush.
For more information write to Teresa Fiore, Inserra Chair at email@example.com