As part of a broader initiative about pre-professional opportunities for students, the Inserra Chair in Italian and Italian American Studies and the Italian Program (World Languages and Cultures) at Montclair State University are pleased to continue to offer an internship at Choose New Jersey, Newark which includes a business trip to Italy.
The selected student will intern for 160 hours (4 weeks of full-time work) with Choose New Jersey during the Winter 2022 break and the 2022 Spring semester according to a mixed in-person and remote work schedule that will be specifically designed to meet the needs of both the CNJ office and the student.
Normally, the hours also cover a business trip to Italy for the Select USA conference scheduled for Spring break. Designed to promote and support foreign direct investment in the United States, the conference includes meetings in major Italian cities in collaboration with the US Embassy of Rome (note that the trip is contingent upon COVID regulations). Unfortunately, due to the pandemic, the 2022 trip to Italy cannot be confirmed in advance. The equivalent amount of hours will be spent working in the CNJ office (in person or remote).
- Assisting in project management re: international trade, marketing and consulting (providing information and services to Italian companies approaching the U.S. market, with special focus on those interested to the Tristate area)
- Assisting in the creation of studies and reports based on available data
- Assisting in event organization, media relations, and planning of business trips for a delegation traveling to Italy
- Assisting with marketing support on an ad-hoc basis
- Use of several office automation tools (such as, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, etc.), familiarity with main social media
- Knowledge of Italian (intermediate level minimum)
- Problem-solving skills, autonomy, ability to adapt to new environments both in the USA and in Italy
Advanced students enrolled in the Italian Program. Preference will be given to:
- A current major in Italian Language, Business and Culture or a current major Italian;
- An Italian major minoring or double majoring in a discipline with an international and/or a business focus;
- A student in one of the above categories with previous experience in office administration, data analysis, student governance, and/or event organization
Important note about vaccines:
- CNJ requires two shots of the COVID vaccine
- Italy requires the booster shot for internships and study abroad programs
After the selection of the intern is completed, the description of the specific tasks and of the distribution of hours will be included in an agreement between 1. Choose New Jersey; 2. Montclair State University; and 3. the student.
This is a paid internship supported by a $5,000 scholarship provided by Mr. Inserra via the Lawrence R. Inserra, Jr. Scholarship (Montclair State University Foundation). The intern will receive the funds in the form of credit for tuition and fees (for details, contact Ana Gomez at the Montclair State University Foundation and cc: email@example.com)
Note that the airfare to Italy as well as the lodging expenses in Italy are the responsibility of the student. CNJ will cover local travel expenses, meals, and incidentals in Italy as well as airport transfers. CNJ will also cover transportation costs to the CNJ office inclusive of tolls, public transit, and parking expenses.
The selection committee is composed of: Teresa Fiore (Inserra Chair in Italian and Italian American Studies and Associate Professor of Italian), Enza Antenos (Assistant Professor of Italian), and Jen Lenhardt (CNJ Chief Administrative Officer).
For more information write to Teresa Fiore, Inserra Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
Short url: https://tinyurl.com/CNJintern22