Top 10 Reasons to Join the SCM community
Of course, there are many more reasons to join our robust community of creative artists, communicators and scholars, but here is a fun Top 10 list!
- Dynamic, interdisciplinary majors.
- A diverse group of students and faculty who will challenge you to be your best.
- Opportunities at WMSC Radio, The Montclarion newspaper, Hawk Communications PR and Strategic Communications Agency, WMSC radio station, the Red Hawk Sports Network, Hawk+ Digital Streaming Network, News Lab, and the Center for Cooperative Media, which serves the public by working to grow and strengthen local journalism.
- Student organizations such as our Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) chapter.
- Participation in industry conferences and competitions, such as PRSSA’s Bateman Competition.
- Guest speakers at The Film Institute at Montclair State.
- Internships at TV studios, Fortune 500 companies, advertising and PR agencies, sports teams and many more.
- Developing an “e-Portfolio” and resume through our Career Services team for self-assessment and job search.
- Participate in special programs such as our partnership with NBCUAcademy and hands-on learning experiences in news gathering and reporting over spring or summer break.
- Coursework and hands-on learning in facilities and classrooms that are second to none.