As you know, all program instruction and events have moved online. The University is working hard to ensure that our students receive the same level of service and support virtually. Career Services is no exception.
Our Career Services offices’ are still open and available to meet virtually with students, to provide guidance or resources you need to succeed in your career path.
Virtual Career Counseling
All offices now offer Virtual Career Counseling Appointments. Offices will conduct virtual sessions via Zoom so you can receive whatever help you need from the comfort of your home. Simply sign in to your Hire a Red Hawk account to schedule an appointment with your career counselor.
Please also continue to submit your resumes through Hire a Red Hawk for Resume Review to receive feedback from your career counselors. This is the perfect time to refine your documents for future job applications.
“We’ve Got You Covered” Webinar Series
You can’t come to campus, so we’re bringing career development to you. Career Services will host three Zoom webinars to keep your job search and interview skills sharp. Webinars are open to both current students and alumni:
- Job Searching: Wednesday, April 1, 2-2:45 p.m.
- Attend this webinar to learn how to conduct an effective job search. We’ll cover a number of topics, including networking techniques, resume tips and job interviewing skills.
- Phone and Video Interviewing: Thursday, April 16, 12:30-1:15 p.m.
- Before you actually meet an employer, face-to-face, it’s likely you’ll encounter either a phone or video interview. These modalities have both pros and cons. Attend this webinar to determine the best strategies.
- LinkedIn Tips and Tricks: Tuesday, May 5, 11-11:45 a.m.
- LinkedIn gives us unprecedented access to people, employers and opportunities. Attend this webinar to learn how to best leverage LinkedIn.
On the Horizon – Virtual Career Fair!
A Virtual Career Fair, to replace the canceled on-campus fairs, will be held Wednesday, April 15, 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. through Hire a Red Hawk chat module. Please register in your Hire a Red Hawk account.
How Does the Virtual Career Fair Work?
- Register for the Fair via Hire a Red Hawk and pick your Top Ten Employers to chat on the day of the fair.
- Students will receive guidelines for how the fair will look upon registration.
- Upload an up-to-date resume into Hire a Red Hawk.
- Apply to relevant jobs on Hire a Red Hawk by the attending employers.
- Prepare any questions for employers you would have asked in-person.
- Still dress your best, so you’re in a professional mindset!
We know this is a new and different approach to Career Fairs, so if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career Services will continue to push new online workshops and webinars on social media, Hire a Red Hawk, and HawkSync as they come available, so be sure to follow us to keep updated!