Career Fair Sneak Peek!
Launch Your Career at Our Spring Career Fairs…more!
Posted in: Announcements, Career, Events, Featured News
Don’t forget to register for the Spring Career and Internship Fair on Wednesday, March 15! We will have 65 employers in attendance from a variety of industries, all hiring for full-time jobs and internships. The fair will take place from 1:30-4 p.m. in the University Hall, 7th Floor Conference Center. Register Now!
Prepare for the Fair
- Check Out the Employer List Before the Fair: Select the ones you are interested in and create a quick elevator pitch to explain who you are and why you’re interested. Make sure to do your research if you want to impress!
- Download the Handshake App: On the day of the fair, log into the app and locate employers on the booth map to see every job posted by attending employers.
- Dress the Part: Make a great first impression by dressing in business attire. Need to build your professional wardrobe? We’ve got you covered:
- JCPenney Suit-Up: To Receive an Extra 30% off select career wear, shoes & accessories, text “Redhawk” to 67292. Valid until April 30, 2023.
- Rocky’s Closet: Check out Rocky’s Closet for free professional work attire.
- Micro-Internships through Parker Dewey: Wednesday, March 8, 1-2 p.m.
- CHSS Professional Writing Workshop: Monday, March 13, 1-2 p.m.
- Career Fair Prep. Workshop: Monday, March 13, 2-2:45 p.m.
- CSAM Co-op Information Session: Monday, March 13, 3 – 3:45 p.m.
- CEHS Professionalism Workshop: Tuesday, March 14, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- CSAM Graduate Resume Writing Bootcamp: Tuesday, March 14, 12-12:45 p.m.
- CHSS Elevator Pitch & Interview Workshop: Tuesday, March 14, 2-3 p.m.
Handshake Tips for Finding the Jobs You Want
When searching and applying for jobs and internships in Handshake you can select:
- Type of job (full-time, internship, part-time)
- Industries, job functions and job types that interest you
- Where you are interested in working (you can choose multiple locations)
- Your graduation year so that you only see corresponding positions
After making your selections, click the “Save My Career Interests” button at the bottom of the page. After you save your job search you can also set up job alerts and receive email notifications when similar positions are posted. Check Out Handshake’s Video to Learn More!
Job & Internship Opportunities from our Campus Partners
- The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) National Internship Program is officially accepting applications; the deadline for the summer session (June 5 -August 12, 2023) is March 31, 2023. These are paid internships and are open to all students from all majors! HACU currently represents more than 500 colleges and universities in the United States, Latin America, Spain, and school districts throughout the U.S. HACU is the only national association representing existing and emerging Hispanic-Serving Institutions. To learn more about the program check out the video below, or visit HACU’s website.
- Work for the Student Center Service Desk next year! Information Desk Assistants are the front-facing representatives of the Student Center. Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year are now open. In order to qualify you must be graduating in May 2024 or later. Applications are due on Friday, March 31. Apply Now!
Connect with Career Services
- Office Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram – msucareerservices
- Facebook – Red Hawk Careers
- Twitter – MSUcareerserv
- Soundcloud – Career Services Podcast
- YouTube – MSUCareerWorkshops
- LinkedIn – MSU Career Center
- Engage – The Center for Career Services