The deadline to add a class for the full spring semester is the end of the day on Tuesday, January 24. Starting Wednesday, January 25, if you wish to remove a full semester class from your schedule, it will appear as a “WD” grade. All permits into fall semester classes will be void as of the end of the day on Tuesday, January 24. Get All the Details!
Learn how you can get Word, Excel, Powerpoint and OneNote for FREE! Other programs are available for offline and online use to best prepare you for classes, too. As long as you’re a student here and the program continues, you’ll be able to use this software for FREE! Download Now!
CAST Academic Support is excited for the spring semester! Tutoring, Academic Coaching and Supplemental Instruction schedules are now live for students in Navigate. More information and our full workshop schedule can also be found on the CAST website. All services are free and a great way to put your best foot forward in the new year. Watch This Great Video!
To assure we are using the most current security methods for accessing our University accounts, Information Technology needs you to enable a two-step verification process on your University Google account. Deadline to enable the two-step verification process: Monday, January 30. Failure to complete will result in your access to your University Google account to be blocked, including: Gmail, Google Drive, Calendar and any other Google applications. Set Up Two-Step Verification Today!
Montclair State Dining is excited to welcome our Red Hawks back to campus this spring and taste the exciting changes we have been busy working on over the Winter Break! Check out just a few of the highlights of what you will see this spring semester including new menu options at True Burger, Smoothie Lab, The Pizzeria at the Student Center and more! Don’t forget to purchase your meal plan for the spring 2023 semester! Check It Out!
The Feliciano Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation just launched their new in-person event series! Whether you are a current or future entrepreneur, join them for an evening of community and learning where we explore the latest in entrepreneurial insights and create meaningful connections, Wednesday, February 15, 6-8 p.m., Feliciano School of Business, Room 140. Reserve Your Spot, Today.
Montclair State University has a priority deadline of Wednesday, February 1. And remember…the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be completed each academic year!
Upcoming Events and Activities
- Stop & Go! with Study Abroad Monday, January 23, 1-3 p.m., Student Center, 3rd Floor.
- Creating Healthy Study Habits: Monday, January 23, 2-3 p.m., Cole Hall, Room 340 and Online.
- Time Management Tips: Tuesday, January 24, 9-10 a.m., Cole Hall, Room 340 and Online.
- Safe Space: Tuesday, January 24, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Student Center, Room 419.
- Pottery Painting: Tuesday, January 24, 7-9 p.m., Student Recreation Center, Lounge.
- CPR/AED Class: Wednesday, January 25, 1-4 p.m., Student Center, Annex, Room 207.
- Leadership, Professionalism and Mindset Conference: Wednesday, January 25, 1:15-4:30 p.m., University Hall, 7th Floor Conference Center.
- Community Roundtable: Wednesday, January 25, 2-3 p.m., Online.
- Women’s Basketball vs Rutgers-Newark: Wednesday, January 25, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Panzer Athletic Center.
- Men’s Basketball vs Rutgers-Newark: Wednesday, January 25, 7:30-9 p.m., Panzer Athletic Center.
- “Is Time Real?” – Philosophy for Lunch: Thursday, January 26, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Schmitt Hall, Room 104.
- Benefits of Tutoring: Thursday, January 26, 5-6 p.m., Cole Hall, Room 340 and Online.
- Stupid Easy Trivia: Thursday, January 26, 8-9 p.m., Student Center, Rathskeller.
- Nostalgia Night: Friday, January 27, 6-8 p.m., Student Center, Ballrooms A&B.
- Cupcake Café: Saturday, January 28, 7-9 p.m., Student Center, Dining Room.
- Montclair State Opera Presents – Gianni Schicchi & Buoso’s Ghost: Saturday, January 28, 8-9:30 p.m., and Sunday, January 29, 3-4:30 p.m., Alexander Kasser Theater.
- NPC Formal Recruitment: Join the National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) for Formal Recruitment from Friday, February 3 through Monday, February 6. The NPC Greek Orgs are Phi Sigma Sigma (ΦΣΣ), Theta Phi Alpha (ΘΦΑ), Sigma Sigma Sigma (ΣΣΣ), Sigma Delta Tau (ΣΔΤ) and Delta Phi Epsilon (ΔΦΕ).
- IFC Recruitment: The Interfraternity Council (IFC) spring recruitment is around the corner and now is the time to register! Formal recruitment will run from Monday, February 6 through Friday, February 10, with events and sessions that will allow you to get to know the brothers of each IFC organization. The IFC Greek Orgs are Alpha Chi Rho (ΑXP), Delta Chi (ΔX), Kappa Sigma (KΣ), Phi Delta Theta (ΦΔΘ), Pi Kappa Alpha (ΠKA), Sigma Pi (ΣΠ) and Theta Xi (ΘΞ).
Important Reminders and Resources
- Religious Holidays: Montclair State University embraces the diversity of its Student Body and the University endeavors to provide an environment that is inclusive and supportive. Review Important information related to religious observation and classes/coursework.
- Parking Permits Required: All vehicles parking on campus must be registered to a valid Montclair State University permit or pay for daily parking.
- Get Connected: New to campus? Returning after the winter break? Be sure all your devices are connected to the University’s FREE, high-speed WiFi.
- Change to Canvas Login Page: Get the details about the recently updated Canvas login page.
- Summer Session Registration is OPEN: Boost your GPA, catch up, get ahead, complete a minor or your general education requirement this summer!
- Stay Connected: Quick links for you including apps, news sources, administrative offices, academic support and more!
- What’s Open?: Make sure you are aware of this handy website that tells you what’s open right now, what’s opening in the next 30 minutes or closing in the next 30 minutes!
Dates and Deadlines
- Last Day to Add/Drop a Full Semester Course at 100% Adjustment: Tuesday, January 24.
- Priority Filing Deadline for the 2023-24 FAFSA: Wednesday, February 1.
- Apply to Be an Orientation Leader, University Fellow or Both!: Applications are now open! The deadline to apply is Tuesday, February 14, 11:59 p.m.
- First-Gen Honor Society: Apply to the Tri-Alpha First-Gen Honor Society! The application deadline is Sunday, February 19.
- Important Dates: Never miss a deadline with this website.