Cans for Citations
Donation Goes Toward Your Citation Payment and Supports the Red Hawk Pantry.
Posted in: Announcements, Facilities, Featured News, Wellness
Parking Services is happy to announce the Spring 2023 Parking Citation Food Drive! In support of the Red Hawk Pantry!
What, When, How
This program allows Montclair State University students, faculty and staff to donate canned/non-perishable goods as payment for citations. Canned, non-perishable items, dry goods, and personal hygiene items will be worth $10.00 toward one open citation.
- Duration: The program runs Monday, March 13, through Friday, March 24.
- When & Where to Bring: Please bring any donations Monday-Friday, 12-4 p.m. to the Parking office located on Level 1 of the Red Hawk Deck. We will also have a tabled event on Tuesday, March 14 and Tuesday, March 21 in the Student Center, Quad area of the Student Center, from 1-3 pm. Rain location is the Student Center, 2nd Floor Lobby.
How Does the Donation Work?
One canned or dry good is worth $10.00 toward one open citation. For example, a citation worth $50.00 may be paid using five (5) canned or dry goods items.
What to Donate
- Non-perishable foods
- Healthy items, such as whole grains, low-sugar cereals, and low-sodium canned goods
- Pantry staples: peanut butter, soup, rice, and shelf-stable milk
- Personal hygiene products
- Items past their expiration date (please check; you make more work for us if we have to dispose of your expired food)
- Dented, rusty, leaky cans, or unlabeled cans
- Glass jars
- Open packages (exception: those with individually wrapped packets inside)
Most Needed Items for the Red Hawk Pantry
- Toilet paper/baby wipes
- Boxed cereal
- Bags of chip/snack
- Peanut butter/jelly
- School supplies
- Granola and cereal bars
- Mac N Cheese (both boxed and microwavable)
- Applesauce / fruit cup
- Mayo / ketchup / mustard/salad dressings
- Shaving cream
- Razors (unisex)
- Spaghetti Noodles/rotini/egg noodles/ linguine (Any pasta type)
- Sanitary pads
- Dish soap
- Laundry detergent
- Dryer sheets
- Canned /chili/beef stew/ravioli
- Can openers
Only One Citation!
Remember: Only one citation dismissal may be awarded!
But Not for These…
The following citations may not be dismissed as part of the program:
- Tampering with University Equipment
- Shared Permit or Boot Violation
- Parking in Reserved Space, Grass, or Sidewalk
- Parked in Fire Lane or PWD Space Violation
Please read our updated RFQs to avoid citations as well as other parking concerns.
For more information or questions please contact email@example.com or 973-655-7580.