Set yourself up for success by attending our upcoming workshops and information sessions. We offer a mix of in-person and virtual events for students across all majors, and are always adding events in Handshake!
- CEHS Resume Writing Workshop
Learn how to make your resume stand out. This workshop will teach you how to write and format your resume, tailoring it to fit the internship or job you are applying for.
Monday, April 17, 11a.m. – 12 p.m., University Hall, Suite 3102
- CSAM Cooperative (Co-op) Education Information Session
Learn about the co-op application process and how to be successful in your search. Monday, April 17, 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m., Online
- NBCU Academy | NBC Sports Informational Session
Hear from recruiters and learn about jobs with NBC Sports’ various properties, including the Olympics and Paralympics, NFL, Premier League and Big Ten football.
Monday, April 17, 4-5 p.m., Online
- How to Receive Academic Credit for Your Internship (CHSS Co-op Info Session)
A Cooperative Education experience is an opportunity to earn academic credit for practical experience, such as internships. Come learn more about the process!
Tuesday, April 18, 1-2 p.m., Dickson Hall, Cohen Lounge, Room 178
- CEHS Job Search Strategies Workshop
Learn the key steps in the job search process! Discover the importance of a job search plan, essential tools and strategies and how to make the process positive and manageable.
Tuesday, April 18, 1-2 p.m., University Hall, Suite 3102
- Digital Media CoLab Information Session (On Campus Internships)
The Digital Media CoLab is looking for interns for the summer and fall. Come learn more about these opportunities for CHSS students.
Wednesday, April 19, 12-1 p.m., Online
- Networking Technology Info Session (On-Campus Work)
Learn about networking jobs with the Division of Information Technology on campus.
Wednesday, April 19, 12-1 p.m., Richardson Hall, Room 201
- Supercharge your Career through Micro-internships
Demonstrate your skills, explore career paths, and expand your professional network with short-term, paid, professional micro-internships.
Wednesday, April 19, 1-2 p.m., Online
- CEHS – FSHD Internship Opportunities: Summer and Fall 2023 – In-Person
Learn more about employers who are looking for FSHD students and practice how to search for internship opportunities!
Thursday, April 20, 3-4 p.m., University Hall, Suite 3102
- CSAM/FSBUS ADP Networking Session
Practice networking with tech industry professionals!
Monday, April 24, 12-1 p.m., Feliciano School of Business, Room 101
What is Digital Badging through Experience Montclair?
Experience Montclair is a student engagement platform that awards you digital badging as you progress through activities, events and workshops. The University as a whole has several badges students can complete. For career services, we offer students the Career and Professional Development Badge.
Each career activity for the badge is designed to help develop skills and tools needed to succeed when entering the professional world. Students who complete four of the achievements included in the Badge will also have the opportunity to join Career Services for a year-end celebration! Experience Montclair can be accessed via the Suitable app in any of the following ways:
- Log in to NEST with your NetID and password. Scroll to Experience Montclair & click on the link. (If the “Ellucian” page pops up, wait a few minutes until it redirects to Suitable.co.)
- Suitable.co: Log in with your NetID@mail.montclair.edu and password. Make sure to use @mail.montclair.edu, not @montclair.edu.
- By downloading the Suitable App from the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
What is the Post-Graduation Survey?
Eligible Survey Respondents: Class of 2023 (August 2022, January 2023, May 2023)
For each graduating class, Montclair State University administers the post-graduation survey to collect feedback about students’ experiences while studying at Montclair State as well as their post-graduation plans. Students who are graduating with an undergraduate or graduate degree as well as certificate and certification completers will receive the survey about six weeks prior to graduation!
Please enter your NetID and password to complete the survey.
The information you share in the survey is invaluable. It helps us learn about our graduating students’ successes and ensure that we are offering the best education possible aligned with our students’ goals. Some of the information we seek to identify is:
- How prepared students feel to enter the workforce.
- Number of students who are employed, along with the name of their employer, position and salary.
- Number of students continuing their education after graduation, where and in what field.
- Number of students still seeking employment or researching continued education programs.
- Information on other post-graduation plans.
- Level of satisfaction with program of study as well as career and academic advising at Montclair.
Jobs and Internships in Handshake
- Bridal Stylist / Operations Assistant: Bridal Atelier Montclair
- Summer Intern – IT Database Administrator: Crestron Electronics
- Registered Nurse: Fenway Health
- Grants Management Specialist: US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Total Rewards Team (Compensation/Benefits) Internship: Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
- Archives, History and Heritage Advanced (AHHA) Internship (Remote): Library of Congress
- Financial Analyst: Kennedys Law LLP
- Rescue Intern: Clearwater Marine Aquarium
- City Custodial Assistant: New York County District Attorney’s Office
- Educator, Early Intervention Birth to Three years: Children’s Specialized Hospital
- Automation Intern (DPEx): Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, Inc.
- Counselor, Men of Color: New York County District Attorney’s Office
- Lead Teacher, Kindergarten: Grade 4 at St. Luke’s School
- History Teacher: Lacordaire Academy
- Camp Director: The Arc of Somerset County
- Dietitian – Lvl II: NYC Health + Hospitals
- Federal Work Study: Spring Into Fall Digital Media Skills and Apprenticeship Program at Digital Media CoLab
- Federal Work Study: Theater Usher
- Student Assistant: BMO Production Freelancer – Broadc
- Student Teaching Assistant: Ben Samuels Children’s Center
- Federal Work Study or Student Assistant: Graphic Designer
- Graduate Student Worker: CAST Support Coordinator
- Graduate Student Worker: Club Sports – Campus Recreation